Kingz and Bloc 5: Those Were The Days

Smithy
Moderator
Stage Punch
FilledFilledFilledFilledFilled
For post wewant7

Hey Fever.

I have a primo idea but I don't have the time or skills to pull it off.

1 October 2014 is the 15th anniversary of the first Football Kingz (RIP) match.

How cool would it be to do a short video retrospective on active support in NZ. Capture interviews with key people who were involved, talk to some former players and coaches etc. I think it'd be awesome, and good to document the last 15 years.

Fever can contribute some money.

Can anyone on the forumsphere pull this off?

Serious help offers only please, minimum banter.

Incredible stamina. No shame. Yellow Fever.

Khalil Media
WeeNix
FilledFilledEmptyEmptyEmpty
For post kp pic

Rumour has it that unofficial season review videos were made of the first two Kingz seasons, featuring Bloc 5 etc... the maker got into a whole pile of trouble at the time and was threatened with legal action, so you may need to ask him nicely, but there would be useful footage on there...

Was also a feature done on the ACFC fans on the Nat Lge highlights show back in 2006.

That the kind of stuff you're after?

Ryan
Fever Funder Marquee
FilledFilledFilledFilledEmpty
For post superkat

I'm guessing its interviews with archival footage?

Depending on how much time is involved I can help film some of it - have a Black Magic Cinema Camera, a few lights, also have very limited sound gear (shot gun mic, mixpre-d) but that can be improved upon, hopefully someone has an external sound recorder and some lavs.

Unfortunately I'm over committed at the moment with a few projects that need to be finished, and have off the last week of Sept to go skiing otherwise I would also volunteer to help edit, mix, and finish it. 

I won't be able to be involved as much as I would like, but definitely keen to help out on more stuff like this in the future.

Christo
The Special One
FilledFilledFilledEmptyEmpty
For post saber rider1

I'll ask the Auckland office if they are keen and available if you need some video done up there

Auckland office says "interested". Will send you an email

Edited by Christo September 02, 2014 10:26
C-Diddy
Chant Savant
FilledFilledFilledFilledFilled
For post image

not sure what I can contribute besides an Australian perspective on the Kungz.

May have a few old Newcastle Breakers v Kungz/Kniggits match programmes here also.

"Ive just re-visited this and once again realised that C-Diddy is a genius - a drunk, Newcastle bred disgrace - but a genius." - Hard News, 11:39am 4th June 2009

bwtcf
Marquee
FilledFilledFilledFilledEmpty
For post picture 7083

I have copies of the printed season reviews for the Kingz.

Stack made the videos.

Incredible stamina. No shame. Yellow Fever.

Phoenix fans. We have to win them over one fan at a time.

Smithy
Moderator
Stage Punch
FilledFilledFilledFilledFilled
For post wewant7

bwtcf wrote:

I have copies of the printed season reviews for the Kingz.

Stack made the videos.

 

Have reached out to the Stackman. Good thinking!

Incredible stamina. No shame. Yellow Fever.

Smithy
Moderator
Stage Punch
FilledFilledFilledFilledFilled
For post wewant7

Ryan wrote:

I'm guessing its interviews with archival footage?

Depending on how much time is involved I can help film some of it - have a Black Magic Cinema Camera, a few lights, also have very limited sound gear (shot gun mic, mixpre-d) but that can be improved upon, hopefully someone has an external sound recorder and some lavs.

Unfortunately I'm over committed at the moment with a few projects that need to be finished, and have off the last week of Sept to go skiing otherwise I would also volunteer to help edit, mix, and finish it. 

I won't be able to be involved as much as I would like, but definitely keen to help out on more stuff like this in the future.

 

Where are you and how do I get in touch with you?

I think we should capture interviews with people who were there, and then we can look to mix that in with archival footage.

Capturing the interviews is one bit I especially need help with. I can do the interviewing, but I lack the skills to do the videoing really.

Incredible stamina. No shame. Yellow Fever.

Gooner 4 Life
Starting XI
FilledFilledFilledEmptyEmpty
For post picture 2513
Any way of getting archived TV footage from Miles Davis and Martin Devlin's old TV show The House of Football. They were heavily involved with Kingz stories at the time.
Jerzy Merino
Marquee
FilledFilledFilledFilledEmpty
For post pirate mickey

Smithy wrote:

Ryan wrote:

I'm guessing its interviews with archival footage?

Depending on how much time is involved I can help film some of it - have a Black Magic Cinema Camera, a few lights, also have very limited sound gear (shot gun mic, mixpre-d) but that can be improved upon, hopefully someone has an external sound recorder and some lavs.

Unfortunately I'm over committed at the moment with a few projects that need to be finished, and have off the last week of Sept to go skiing otherwise I would also volunteer to help edit, mix, and finish it. 

I won't be able to be involved as much as I would like, but definitely keen to help out on more stuff like this in the future.

 

Where are you and how do I get in touch with you?

I think we should capture interviews with people who were there, and then we can look to mix that in with archival footage.

Capturing the interviews is one bit I especially need help with. I can do the interviewing, but I lack the skills to do the videoing really.

I woz there. Bloc 5.

"At the end of the drive the lawmen arrive...

I'll take my chance because luck is on my side or something...

Her name is Rio, she don't need to understand...

Oh Rio, Rio, hear them shout across the land..."

C-Diddy
Chant Savant
FilledFilledFilledFilledFilled
For post image

Jerzy Merino wrote:

Smithy wrote:

Ryan wrote:

I'm guessing its interviews with archival footage?

Depending on how much time is involved I can help film some of it - have a Black Magic Cinema Camera, a few lights, also have very limited sound gear (shot gun mic, mixpre-d) but that can be improved upon, hopefully someone has an external sound recorder and some lavs.

Unfortunately I'm over committed at the moment with a few projects that need to be finished, and have off the last week of Sept to go skiing otherwise I would also volunteer to help edit, mix, and finish it. 

I won't be able to be involved as much as I would like, but definitely keen to help out on more stuff like this in the future.

 

Where are you and how do I get in touch with you?

I think we should capture interviews with people who were there, and then we can look to mix that in with archival footage.

Capturing the interviews is one bit I especially need help with. I can do the interviewing, but I lack the skills to do the videoing really.

I woz there. Bloc 5.

If you remember it then you weren't there!

"Ive just re-visited this and once again realised that C-Diddy is a genius - a drunk, Newcastle bred disgrace - but a genius." - Hard News, 11:39am 4th June 2009

Smithy
Moderator
Stage Punch
FilledFilledFilledFilledFilled
For post wewant7

Any way of getting archived TV footage from Miles Davis and Martin Devlin's old TV show The House of Football. They were heavily involved with Kingz stories at the time.
 

Might be possible, but consider it a nice to have and something to investigate rather than a must have.

I don't even know who owns that footage, but probably Sky TV NZ.

Incredible stamina. No shame. Yellow Fever.

Bullion
Starting XI
FilledFilledFilledEmptyEmpty
For post 96760213 m 2

Rufer's goal against Newcastle.

Jerzy Merino
Marquee
FilledFilledFilledFilledEmpty
For post pirate mickey

Boutsianis's goal for Sth Melb followed by his dash toward Bloc 5 and inflammatory gestures.

"At the end of the drive the lawmen arrive...

I'll take my chance because luck is on my side or something...

Her name is Rio, she don't need to understand...

Oh Rio, Rio, hear them shout across the land..."

patrick478
Moderator
Listen here Fudgeface
FilledFilledFilledFilledFilled
For post siggy hit2

Looking for highlights on YouTube served up this gem of a TV advert. This is what the Phoenix are doing wrong, they need an ad of this quality.

Yellow Fever - Misery loves company

Ryan
Fever Funder Marquee
FilledFilledFilledFilledEmpty
For post superkat

Smithy wrote:

Ryan wrote:

I'm guessing its interviews with archival footage?

Depending on how much time is involved I can help film some of it - have a Black Magic Cinema Camera, a few lights, also have very limited sound gear (shot gun mic, mixpre-d) but that can be improved upon, hopefully someone has an external sound recorder and some lavs.

Unfortunately I'm over committed at the moment with a few projects that need to be finished, and have off the last week of Sept to go skiing otherwise I would also volunteer to help edit, mix, and finish it. 

I won't be able to be involved as much as I would like, but definitely keen to help out on more stuff like this in the future.

 

Where are you and how do I get in touch with you?

I think we should capture interviews with people who were there, and then we can look to mix that in with archival footage.

Capturing the interviews is one bit I especially need help with. I can do the interviewing, but I lack the skills to do the videoing really.

ryan [at] disordinary [dot] com or 027 4429 390

Ryan
Fever Funder Marquee
FilledFilledFilledFilledEmpty
For post superkat

patrick478 wrote:

Looking for highlights on YouTube served up this gem of a TV advert. This is what the Phoenix are doing wrong, they need an ad of this quality.

In some sort of overseas worlds funniest commercials? Weird.

2ndBest
Moderator
Fever Funder Appiah without the pace
FilledFilledFilledFilledFilled
For post 1620805 10152445803254239 1114551251 n

Paston would have punched that

Manfred
Wellington united SharkCods
FilledFilledEmptyEmptyEmpty
For post capture

2ndBest wrote:

Paston would have punched that

2B would still be on the bus.

Am I HardNews in disguise?

Smithy
Moderator
Stage Punch
FilledFilledFilledFilledFilled
For post wewant7

I love that ad. Memories.

My fondest Kingz memory is motoring with News from Wellington to Auckland and back in a day in his (falling to pieces) Peugeot to watch a match in about 2000. Them were the days.

Incredible stamina. No shame. Yellow Fever.

Post New Reply

Please Login or Create an account to post a reply.