Forum Hangover & New Year Resolutions

wellnik
Moderator
#1 Drupal Fan
FilledEmptyEmptyEmptyEmpty
For post baby sloth

Hi Folks,

Apologies for the forum hangover this morning... it had a rough night, but we've give it some coffee and panadol and it should limp through the day.

I've recently returned to Welly, and I've changed to a job that doesn't require ALL MY TIME EVER, so I'm thinking I'll take a more active role in the tech side of things this year.

If you see Patrick around, buy him a beverage or say thanks because he's done a great job of keeping things running with minimal input from me.

Plans for the New Year include:

  • Updating the Apps (especially iOS which is quite out of date)
  • Some background tweaks and upgrades to keep everything running smoothly

If there are other things y'all would like to see, feel free to put them in here.

Nik

Matt W-S
Moderator
Starting XI
FilledFilledFilledEmptyEmpty
For post wind rain phoenix

Thanks Nik and thanks Patrick for what you've done. Look forward to an iOS update of the YF app

Also be good to un-this button on the website. Also maybe an easy way to just marked everything in a thread as read for people like me that just go on Active but there is some threads I don't bother to read but would be nice to clear.

Edited by Matt W-S January 01, 2017 15:10

I'm an optimistic pessimist. 

I'm positive things will go wrong.

liberty_nz
Budgie lover
FilledFilledFilledEmptyEmpty
For post king mo

* Search

* Un-This

* a Junior82 Bot

Bullion
Starting XI
FilledFilledFilledEmptyEmpty
For post 96760213 m 2

wellnik wrote:

Hi Folks,

Apologies for the forum hangover this morning... it had a rough night, but we've give it some coffee and panadol and it should limp through the day.

I've recently returned to Welly, and I've changed to a job that doesn't require ALL MY TIME EVER, so I'm thinking I'll take a more active role in the tech side of things this year.

If you see Patrick around, buy him a beverage or say thanks because he's done a great job of keeping things running with minimal input from me.

Plans for the New Year include:

Updating the Apps (especially iOS which is quite out of date)Some background tweaks and upgrades to keep everything running smoothly

If there are other things y'all would like to see, feel free to put them in here.

Nik

if you are looking at the apps, can you check how much data it uses (android)
Lonegunmen
Legend
FilledFilledFilledFilledFilled
For post reacher

So what was the cause of yesterdays issues with the site?

172 Consecutive "Home" Wellington Phoenix "A League" Games Attendee   

yellowsite
First Team Squad
FilledFilledFilledEmptyEmpty
For post jpeg 20160724 111553 831378221 1

* paragraphs

A fan is a fan.

patrick478
Moderator
Listen here Fudgeface
FilledFilledFilledFilledFilled
For post siggy hit2

Lonegunmen wrote:

So what was the cause of yesterdays issues with the site?

too much shark spouted by forumites

(not really, one of the unicorns was running loose and redis crashed due to lack of memory available, we killed the unicorn and everything went back to normal 🦄)

Yellow Fever - Misery loves company

C-Diddy
Chant Savant
FilledFilledFilledFilledFilled
For post image

patrick478 wrote:

Lonegunmen wrote:

So what was the cause of yesterdays issues with the site?

too much shark spouted by forumites

(not really, one of the unicorns was running loose and redis crashed due to lack of memory available, we killed the unicorn and everything went back to normal 🦄)

I hope you harvested all the unicorn farts before you killed it and sold them to Smiggle

"Ive just re-visited this and once again realised that C-Diddy is a genius - a drunk, Newcastle bred disgrace - but a genius." - Hard News, 11:39am 4th June 2009

Matt W-S
Moderator
Starting XI
FilledFilledFilledEmptyEmpty
For post wind rain phoenix

Possible to get the buttons in the iOS app. (This, report etc)

I'm an optimistic pessimist. 

I'm positive things will go wrong.

Global Game
Fever Funder Marquee
FilledFilledFilledFilledEmpty
For post screen shot 2019 03 17 at 11.36.45 am

IOS nesting of quoted posts - it's a 'mare.

Kotahitanga. We are one.

Maaaaaaatt
Fever Funder Phoenix Academy
FilledFilledEmptyEmptyEmpty
For post default

Things I'd love to see in the ios app:

- A this button

- ability to click on an image and make it go full screen

- be able to open hyperlinks

not sure if the above is possible but thought I'd throw it out there

Thanks heaps for all your work Nik and Patrick its much appreciated! 

Matt W-S
Moderator
Starting XI
FilledFilledFilledEmptyEmpty
For post wind rain phoenix

Maaaaaaatt wrote:

Things I'd love to see in the ios app:

- A this button

- ability to click on an image and make it go full screen

- be able to open hyperlinks

not sure if the above is possible but thought I'd throw it out there

Thanks heaps for all your work Nik and Patrick its much appreciated! 

Had forgotten about this, is annoying not being able to click on any of the links in the app

I'm an optimistic pessimist. 

I'm positive things will go wrong.

Bananas
Starting XI
FilledFilledFilledEmptyEmpty
For post tumblr inline ndnwbwtgdw1sdt7rt

Being able to edit a post in app would be cool.

Dougie Rydal
First Team Squad
FilledFilledFilledEmptyEmpty
For post picture 175
Agree, an update would be grand, I rarely use the website, and this app is tough at times to do what you want to do and see... Cheers for your efforts lads... D.R

"You can never get a bloody tradesman at Easter, it's a wonder Jesus got crucified" - Karl Pilkington

Wibblebutt
Overseas
FilledFilledFilledEmptyEmpty
For post nzfootballersos

Updating the website so you can delete a post would be nice.

Follow @NZFootballersOS on twitter for regular updates on NZ Footballers overseas.

patrick478
Moderator
Listen here Fudgeface
FilledFilledFilledFilledFilled
For post siggy hit2

Dougie Rydal wrote:
Agree, an update would be grand, I rarely use the website, and this app is tough at times to do what you want to do and see...

Cheers for your efforts lads... D.R

Will look into whether we can spare the time for it - not sure it's the priority at the moment but we'll do what we can :)

Yellow Fever - Misery loves company

Dougie Rydal
First Team Squad
FilledFilledFilledEmptyEmpty
For post picture 175
It sounds like the app wont work when iOS 11 is released in September (ish) as wont support 32 bit (?)

"You can never get a bloody tradesman at Easter, it's a wonder Jesus got crucified" - Karl Pilkington

patrick478
Moderator
Listen here Fudgeface
FilledFilledFilledFilledFilled
For post siggy hit2

Dougie Rydal wrote:
It sounds like the app wont work when iOS 11 is released in September (ish) as wont support 32 bit (?)
Ohhh you mean the iOS app? Yes we are in process of getting it updated currently.

Yellow Fever - Misery loves company

Post New Reply

Please Login or Create an account to post a reply.