Effecting Change at NZF

Feverish
Legend
FilledFilledFilledFilledFilled
For post picture 6

2ndBest wrote:

Candidates for Executive Committee

Following the recent call for elections under its new statutes, New Zealand Football confirmed on Friday 10 candidates for four vacant places on its Executive Committee.

http://www.nzfootball.co.nz/nominees-accepted-for-executive-committee/

be interesting to know all their ages (if anyone can be bothered researching it)

Founder

Global Game
Fever Funder Marquee
FilledFilledFilledFilledEmpty
For post screen shot 2019 03 17 at 11.36.45 am
Fantastic that mike mcgarry has put his name forward for this. Football flows through his veins, he's been involved at all levels of the game, he's a mainlander; and a totally good bloke. #votemcgarry

Kotahitanga. We are one.

Marto
Starting XI
FilledFilledFilledEmptyEmpty
For post picture 1026

Global Game wrote:
Fantastic that mike mcgarry has put his name forward for this. Football flows through his veins, he's been involved at all levels of the game, he's a mainlander; and a totally good bloke. #votemcgarry

So were Frank and Fred (ok maybe not from the "mainland" lol or necessarily good blokes)

Edited by Marto November 14, 2014 22:11

Supporter world's best and worst football teams: Waikato/WaiBop, Kingz, Knights, Phoenix, The Argyle, The Whites & the All Whites

Smithy
Moderator
Stage Punch
FilledFilledFilledFilledFilled
For post wewant7

Global Game wrote:
Fantastic that mike mcgarry has put his name forward for this. Football flows through his veins, he's been involved at all levels of the game, he's a mainlander; and a totally good bloke. #votemcgarry
 

He was at the heart of protests over the pay-to-play policy for junior teams too. If I was Fred de J I'd be keeping an eye over my shoulder.

Incredible stamina. No shame. Yellow Fever.

zonknz
First Team Squad
FilledFilledFilledEmptyEmpty
For post arse nix3

terminator_x wrote:

"New Zealand teams to adopt a style of football that suits New Zealand players and conditions so that players have the requisite skills to transition into the All Whites environment"

That seems to be a clear warning to the NZ age-grade coaches to toe the line. Is this a real problem at the moment?

This policy is why zonk Jr won't go near the federation or national setups. Talk about blinkers full on.

Dino11
Phoenix Academy
FilledFilledEmptyEmptyEmpty
For post mickey quinn

It seems that there will always be some critiscm of NZF and truthfully Footballers can be a bunch of moaning pricks at times..

Overall the development, coaching and opportunities for footballers is at least 10 times better than in the 1980's, 1990's and 2000's..

Youth League, club tournaments, federation, national, private academies, clubs, some schools, NZF squads, National League, professional and educational pathways.. for both Genders..

It is the number one sport for boys and number two for girls in NZ..

NZ Football and the Football community is doing a considerable amount of good!!!

"Who ate all the pies"

2ndBest
Moderator
Fever Funder Appiah without the pace
FilledFilledFilledFilledFilled
For post 1620805 10152445803254239 1114551251 n

Michael Anderson (re-elected), Sue Griffin, Deryck Shaw and Philip Barry were elected for a term up until the 2018 Congress and join current New Zealand Football Executive Committee members Bill Moran, Paul Cochrane and President Mark Aspden.

http://www.nzfootball.co.nz/new-committee-members-confirmed/

Jerzy Merino
Marquee
FilledFilledFilledFilledEmpty
For post pirate mickey

Dino11 wrote:

It seems that there will always be some critiscm of NZF and truthfully Footballers can be a bunch of moaning pricks at times..

Overall the development, coaching and opportunities for footballers is at least 10 times better than in the 1980's, 1990's and 2000's..

Youth League, club tournaments, federation, national, private academies, clubs, some schools, NZF squads, National League, professional and educational pathways.. for both Genders..

It is the number one sport for boys and number two for girls in NZ..

NZ Football and the Football community is doing a considerable amount of good!!!

Our current Fifa ranking is 133 - below that of Aruba, burundi, Guinea-Buisseau, Lichtenstein, etc. etc. etc. etc. ........... something wrong somewhere don'tcha think?  ........... moan, moan, moan ...........

"At the end of the drive the lawmen arrive...

I'll take my chance because luck is on my side or something...

Her name is Rio, she don't need to understand...

Oh Rio, Rio, hear them shout across the land..."

Marto
Starting XI
FilledFilledFilledEmptyEmpty
For post picture 1026

Jerzy Merino wrote:

Dino11 wrote:

It seems that there will always be some critiscm of NZF and truthfully Footballers can be a bunch of moaning pricks at times..

Overall the development, coaching and opportunities for footballers is at least 10 times better than in the 1980's, 1990's and 2000's..

Youth League, club tournaments, federation, national, private academies, clubs, some schools, NZF squads, National League, professional and educational pathways.. for both Genders..

It is the number one sport for boys and number two for girls in NZ..

NZ Football and the Football community is doing a considerable amount of good!!!

Our current Fifa ranking is 133 - below that of Aruba, burundi, Guinea-Buisseau, Lichtenstein, etc. etc. etc. etc. ........... something wrong somewhere don'tcha think?  ........... moan, moan, moan ...........

To be fair Jerzy, the AWs rarely play which is a big reason behind that ranking. You can bet that if we had as many competitive games as Licthenstein gets, our ranking would be much higher.

Supporter world's best and worst football teams: Waikato/WaiBop, Kingz, Knights, Phoenix, The Argyle, The Whites & the All Whites

Tegal
Moderator
Head Sleuth
FilledFilledFilledFilledFilled
For post 6a831056 9031 45d7 8d6d 949589ae360d

plus when we do play competitive matches it is against island sides. Doesn't do much for our ranking. 

Allegedly

Smithy
Moderator
Stage Punch
FilledFilledFilledFilledFilled
For post wewant7

2ndBest wrote:

Michael Anderson (re-elected), Sue Griffin, Deryck Shaw and Philip Barry were elected for a term up until the 2018 Congress and join current New Zealand Football Executive Committee members Bill Moran, Paul Cochrane and President Mark Aspden.

http://www.nzfootball.co.nz/new-committee-members-confirmed/

 

Phil Barry is from Wellington and is an intelligent, considered, thoughtful administrator of the game. I think he's a very good addition to the NZF board. 

Incredible stamina. No shame. Yellow Fever.

Feverish
Legend
FilledFilledFilledFilledFilled
For post picture 6

Smithy wrote:

2ndBest wrote:

Michael Anderson (re-elected), Sue Griffin, Deryck Shaw and Philip Barry were elected for a term up until the 2018 Congress and join current New Zealand Football Executive Committee members Bill Moran, Paul Cochrane and President Mark Aspden.

http://www.nzfootball.co.nz/new-committee-members-confirmed/

 

Phil Barry is from Wellington and is an intelligent, considered, thoughtful administrator of the game. I think he's a very good addition to the NZF board. 

I find that hard to believe if he played any part in the NW shermozzle

Founder

2ndBest
Moderator
Fever Funder Appiah without the pace
FilledFilledFilledFilledFilled
For post 1620805 10152445803254239 1114551251 n

http://www.nzfootball.co.nz/high-performance-blueprint-launched/

A plan to inspire New Zealanders beyond the football pitch was unveiled on Wednesday as New Zealand Football outlined its bold new High Performance strategy.

2ndBest
Moderator
Fever Funder Appiah without the pace
FilledFilledFilledFilledFilled
For post 1620805 10152445803254239 1114551251 n
Jerzy Merino
Marquee
FilledFilledFilledFilledEmpty
For post pirate mickey

Desired future state of Competition Structures - see p. 20 and 21.

A League: 2 NZ teams (Wngtn Phoenix plus another Auckland based team, each having developmental teams playing in the ASB).

"At the end of the drive the lawmen arrive...

I'll take my chance because luck is on my side or something...

Her name is Rio, she don't need to understand...

Oh Rio, Rio, hear them shout across the land..."

Jeff Vader
Cock
FilledFilledFilledFilledFilled
For post capture1

All I read was 'more of the same'. 

We need more money and when we get that, we can do stuff with it. Its what they have been saying for how long?

Grumpy old bastard alert

threatD
WeeNix
FilledFilledEmptyEmptyEmpty
For post default

Looks good. Means absolutely nothing if they cant deliver on it.

Jeff Vader
Cock
FilledFilledFilledFilledFilled
For post capture1

The main problem I read with this is that they have correctly identified they are short of funds for what they need/want to achieve. This is hardly rocket science for dummies and I am sure any 5yo on a Saturday could have told you this.

What they have really failed to address is HOW they are going to get that money. NZF have been saying for years and years they need more money. The reality is that to get sponsors on board, you need a little more than 'rugby is the nations game, football is the international game' or blurbs like that. You need to offer them tangible benefits that say 'here, if you sponsor us, here is what we can give to you in return for that'. Local businesses don't care about the 'international game' cause their market is local so they jump on the biggest gig in town - rugby. That right there is what many a commercial manager has failed to do over the years - provide tangible benefits to potential sponsors where they go 'we want a piece of that'. Yes, we got ASB, but that was fashionable for them to do so at a time right after the WC and we looked like we could have done it again (at the time) I understand that ASB have chosen not to renew this so their 10m/4 years is now gone. 

They need to either go after overseas sponsors that want exposure into NZ (China Bank) or businesses that want exposure into certain markets (they got one off sponsorship for the AWs game overseas?). A local businesses that wants exposure internationally will not get it with the AWs because they play once in a blue moon and the local programme, no one really turns up to watch.

Without the cash, everything else in the presentation will largely not happen.

(as a foot note, how much mileage have Huawei gotten from the Phoenix? That would be a good test case right there)

Edited by Jeff Vader December 03, 2014 12:23

Grumpy old bastard alert

terminator_x
Still Believin'
FilledFilledFilledFilledEmpty
For post picture 47

Jerzy Merino wrote:

Desired future state of Competition Structures - see p. 20 and 21.

A League: 2 NZ teams (Wngtn Phoenix plus another Auckland based team, each having developmental teams playing in the ASB).

Whether you agree with it or not there is one of the key pieces in the ASBP puzzle: NZF see the A-League as being the top of the NZ football competition pyramid.

Quite a significant point that they are including the A-League within the scope of NZ's competition structure, rather than treating it as an exception.

I agree with that. It is a pragmatic reality.

Bullion
Starting XI
FilledFilledFilledEmptyEmpty
For post 96760213 m 2

Jeff Vader wrote:

The main problem I read with this is that they have correctly identified they are short of funds for what they need/want to achieve. This is hardly rocket science for dummies and I am sure any 5yo on a Saturday could have told you this.

What they have really failed to address is HOW they are going to get that money. NZF have been saying for years and years they need more money. The reality is that to get sponsors on board, you need a little more than 'rugby is the nations game, football is the international game' or blurbs like that. You need to offer them tangible benefits that say 'here, if you sponsor us, here is what we can give to you in return for that'. Local businesses don't care about the 'international game' cause their market is local so they jump on the biggest gig in town - rugby. That right there is what many a commercial manager has failed to do over the years - provide tangible benefits to potential sponsors where they go 'we want a piece of that'. Yes, we got ASB, but that was fashionable for them to do so at a time right after the WC and we looked like we could have done it again (at the time) I understand that ASB have chosen not to renew this so their 10m/4 years is now gone. 

They need to either go after overseas sponsors that want exposure into NZ (China Bank) or businesses that want exposure into certain markets (they got one off sponsorship for the AWs game overseas?). A local businesses that wants exposure internationally will not get it with the AWs because they play once in a blue moon and the local programme, no one really turns up to watch.

Without the cash, everything else in the presentation will largely not happen.

(as a foot note, how much mileage have Huawei gotten from the Phoenix? That would be a good test case right there)

From the video I got the impression they are keen on leveraging NZs leading trading partners that play football, I got the impression both in terms of matches and sponsorship. 

Post New Reply

Please Login or Create an account to post a reply.