Effecting Change at NZF

2ndBest
Moderator
Fever Funder Appiah without the pace
FilledFilledFilledFilledFilled
For post 1620805 10152445803254239 1114551251 n

NZF have published their annual report which includes high level details of the World Cup review...

http://www.nzfootball.co.nz/fileadmin/user_upload/Documents/2013_Annual_Report.pdf

Edited by 2ndBest September 30, 2014 11:33
Smithy
Moderator
Stage Punch
FilledFilledFilledFilledFilled
For post wewant7

Incredible stamina. No shame. Yellow Fever.

Smithy
Moderator
Stage Punch
FilledFilledFilledFilledFilled
For post wewant7

So after all that, the review has determined:

1/ That there should be a plan.

2/ That a committee should make a plan.

3/ That there should be meetings to discuss the plan.

4/ That the plan should be resourced.

5/ That success should be measured against the plan.

6/ That everyone should get behind the plan.

What a breathtakingly insightful review.

Incredible stamina. No shame. Yellow Fever.

Smithy
Moderator
Stage Punch
FilledFilledFilledFilledFilled
For post wewant7

Incredible stamina. No shame. Yellow Fever.

FU BLU
Must try harder
FilledFilledFilledEmptyEmpty
For post default

Regular revues ...! 

Excellent  !! 

Always enjoyed a good revue....

BTW ...did anyone expect anything more than this , pre chewed , flavourless pablum ....

FU BLU
Must try harder
FilledFilledFilledEmptyEmpty
For post default

Also , have'nt we already GOT  a new Head Coach ...?

How old is this ?

terminator_x
Still Believin'
FilledFilledFilledFilledEmpty
For post picture 47

Smithy wrote:

"Sixth straight year NZF has recorded a strong surplus"

You're just trying to provoke me.

Must. Resist.

terminator_x
Still Believin'
FilledFilledFilledFilledEmpty
For post picture 47

Smithy wrote:

So after all that, the review has determined:

1/ That there should be a plan.

2/ That a committee should make a plan.

3/ That there should be meetings to discuss the plan.

4/ That the plan should be resourced.

5/ That success should be measured against the plan.

6/ That everyone should get behind the plan.

What a breathtakingly insightful review.

But the implication is that none of that existed previously.

So it is indeed a great leap forward into a brave new world of having a plan!

FU BLU
Must try harder
FilledFilledFilledEmptyEmpty
For post default

What we need now is some form of manager to help our better players to a higher performance standard .....

Smithy
Moderator
Stage Punch
FilledFilledFilledFilledFilled
For post wewant7

terminator_x wrote:

Smithy wrote:

So after all that, the review has determined:

1/ That there should be a plan.

2/ That a committee should make a plan.

3/ That there should be meetings to discuss the plan.

4/ That the plan should be resourced.

5/ That success should be measured against the plan.

6/ That everyone should get behind the plan.

What a breathtakingly insightful review.

But the implication is that none of that existed previously.

So it is indeed a great leap forward into a brave new world of having a plan!

 

You mean having a plan to make a plan.

Incredible stamina. No shame. Yellow Fever.

2ndBest
Moderator
Fever Funder Appiah without the pace
FilledFilledFilledFilledFilled
For post 1620805 10152445803254239 1114551251 n

In better news, $3.5m transferred to International Teams Activity Reserve on back of TV revenue from Mexico playoff.  When initially set up after 2010 World Cup with prize money, $2.5m was set aside.

So should see more games and better prep for our youth teams.

Blew.2
Marquee
FilledFilledFilledFilledEmpty
For post nix

better pay for support staff did you say

  Supporter For Ever - Keep The Faith - Foundation Member - Never Lets FAX Get In The Way Of A Good Yarn

                                                      

FU BLU
Must try harder
FilledFilledFilledEmptyEmpty
For post default

Bigger , Better ,  Troughs ....

terminator_x
Still Believin'
FilledFilledFilledFilledEmpty
For post picture 47

All jokes aside there are at least a few interesting recommendations in there:

"Key stakeholders to be aligned behind the All Whites plan and to honour the commitments and compromises contained therein"

Is that a shot at the players and player availability? What other key stakeholders might have been seen to be not honouring their commitments previously?

"New Zealand teams to adopt a style of football that suits New Zealand players and conditions so that players have the requisite skills to transition into the All Whites environment"

That seems to be a clear warning to the NZ age-grade coaches to toe the line. Is this a real problem at the moment? Players also transition to the All Whites from other environments such as ASB Prem and the Phoenix, but it's hard to imagine NZF expects to have any say in how they play.

"The All Whites need to transform their performance culture into one of ownership, accountability and leadership"

That's a clear shot at the All Whites playing group and management and fully implies that those things are not there at the moment. Pretty disappointing from the outside looking in if that's true.

james dean
Marquee
FilledFilledFilledFilledEmpty
For post normo

Smithy wrote:

It would be good if they acknowledged that this is a sports team! This genuinely could be the revue of a government department, how about some specifics? What a crock of shit, I could have wrote this in 5 minutes. 

Normo's coming home

Fitzy
Starting XI
FilledFilledFilledEmptyEmpty
For post 561027 10150702280021730 499430583 n

terminator_x wrote:

All jokes aside there are at least a few interesting recommendations in there:

"Key stakeholders to be aligned behind the All Whites plan and to honour the commitments and compromises contained therein"

Is that a shot at the players and player availability? What other key stakeholders might have been seen to be not honouring their commitments previously?

"New Zealand teams to adopt a style of football that suits New Zealand players and conditions so that players have the requisite skills to transition into the All Whites environment"

That seems to be a clear warning to the NZ age-grade coaches to toe the line. Is this a real problem at the moment? Players also transition to the All Whites from other environments such as ASB Prem and the Phoenix, but it's hard to imagine NZF expects to have any say in how they play.

"The All Whites need to transform their performance culture into one of ownership, accountability and leadership"

That's a clear shot at the All Whites playing group and management and fully implies that those things are not there at the moment. Pretty disappointing from the outside looking in if that's true.

If your assumptions are correct about taking a shot at players and team culture (and they seem reasonable) this would go some way to explaining why NZF released such a bland high level summary. 

james dean
Marquee
FilledFilledFilledFilledEmpty
For post normo

terminator_x wrote:

All jokes aside there are at least a few interesting recommendations in there:

"Key stakeholders to be aligned behind the All Whites plan and to honour the commitments and compromises contained therein"

Is that a shot at the players and player availability? What other key stakeholders might have been seen to be not honouring their commitments previously?

"New Zealand teams to adopt a style of football that suits New Zealand players and conditions so that players have the requisite skills to transition into the All Whites environment"

That seems to be a clear warning to the NZ age-grade coaches to toe the line. Is this a real problem at the moment? Players also transition to the All Whites from other environments such as ASB Prem and the Phoenix, but it's hard to imagine NZF expects to have any say in how they play.

"The All Whites need to transform their performance culture into one of ownership, accountability and leadership"

That's a clear shot at the All Whites playing group and management and fully implies that those things are not there at the moment. Pretty disappointing from the outside looking in if that's true.

The problem with this is the statements are so bland that it's left up to us to project our assumptions of the failings of the last World Cup cycle onto it.  

I really do feel like this is, as predicted, a complete and utter whitewash and reflects really badly on NZF as a membership organisation.

It's just so pathetically bland and full of corporate bull shit.  No-one takes any accountability and no-one assumes any responsibility for the next 4 years.  

I'm actually really pissed off about this, it's just laughable that this is all we get after a 4 year cycle which ended up with us preparing for a World Cup qualifier by playing semi-pro american teams and players retiring in their droves.  

Edited by james dean October 01, 2014 21:53

Normo's coming home

2ndBest
Moderator
Fever Funder Appiah without the pace
FilledFilledFilledFilledFilled
For post 1620805 10152445803254239 1114551251 n

NZ Football: Call for electionsThe NZF Executive Committee, acting in accordance with article 36 of the NZF Statutes, hereby calls for the NZF Executive Committee elections, which will take place at an Extraordinary Congress in Auckland on 28 November 2014.

http://www.nzfootball.co.nz/index.php?id=11&tx_ttnews%5Btt_news%5D=3203&tx_ttnews%5BbackPid%5D=10&cHash=5041fa92b3

2ndBest
Moderator
Fever Funder Appiah without the pace
FilledFilledFilledFilledFilled
For post 1620805 10152445803254239 1114551251 n

Candidates for Executive Committee

Following the recent call for elections under its new statutes, New Zealand Football confirmed on Friday 10 candidates for four vacant places on its Executive Committee.

http://www.nzfootball.co.nz/nominees-accepted-for-executive-committee/

2ndBest
Moderator
Fever Funder Appiah without the pace
FilledFilledFilledFilledFilled
For post 1620805 10152445803254239 1114551251 n

I've heard of two of those people.

Post New Reply

Please Login or Create an account to post a reply.