Forum Rules and Regulations
With the A-League season in full swing we have had a huge boost in the forum traffic, which is great. However, things have been getting a bit messy so we'd like to take this opportunity to set out a few basic instructions that will make everyone's use of the forum a lot more enjoyable.
1) Starting multiple threads. Before you start a new thread please check pages 2 and 3 of a forum. The search function at the top of the page is borked but a quick google search with the suffix site:yellowfever.co.nz should help you. Often what you are posting will already have been covered somewhere else. Please stick to one thread per topic.
2) Starting 'one liner' threads. Again, if starting a new thread, refrain from short one liners. If you link to an article on another forum/website give a few short sentences of explanation about what the link is, why we should click it and what your impressions of the article are. This goes a long way to provoking discussion.
3) Starting threads in the correct forum. Please start threads in the correct forum. The Phoenix forum is just that, a forum for issues surrounding the Phoenix. The others should be self-explanatory.
4) Thread domination. Do not try to bully someone into submission or disparage every comment they make, simply because their views may differ from your own. Play the ball, not the man. Constant back and forth bickering might be fun for you, but it isn’t for anyone else.
5) No Advertising. This place costs money to run. To cover these costs we sell some t-shirts and we sell some advertising space on here (from time to time). It's not fair on those that pay to have other people use the forums to promote rival products or services. Any posts deemed to be advertising are at risk of deletion. If you wish to advertise with the Fever/White Noise then send us a PM. We'd LOVE new sponsors.
6) R.E.S.P.E.C.T. You may not agree with a view but a reply just insulting someone does not foster debate and makes you look foolish. It goes without saying that harassing, abusive, sexist, homophobic, and racist posts are not permitted.
7) NSFW. Many posters use the forum to waste time at work, so no posting of objectionable images.
8) Copyright. Don’t paste articles in their entirety. It clogs up the page and is legally questionable. Instead paste a paragraph or two that you found interesting and link to the rest of the article.
Volunteer moderators help manage the forums and enforce the forum rules. Moderators cannot read every message, so if you think another member has broken a rule, you can use the report button on the relevant post. Each member is responsible for their own posts so just because one person breaks the rules doesn’t mean you can use it as an excuse to break rules yourself.
The point of moderation is not to limit discussion, promote or suppress points of view, or any other secret agenda. The goal of moderation is to keep the forums enjoyable and free from problems that detract from the enjoyment of others.
We reserve the right to edit or delete posts that moderators consider break the above rules, and issue temporary or permanent bans for repeat or serious breaches.
If you have any questions, complaints or concerns PM a mod or email email@example.com.