Central Coast Mariners - Better than the Knights

theprof
Marquee
FilledFilledFilledFilledEmpty
For post wenger trophies

but in all seriousness, look at some of the "name" players the mariners have, Matt Simon, Tommy Oar, McGlinchy, Connor Pain, Jacob Melling, Golec, Hoole. These are players that have made their names in the A-League, some have played off shore an come back. But you'd expect they'd be doing a fudge load better than 2 points. They are about to have the worst year in Aussie football since the late 90's in the NPL.

Queenslander 3x a year.

2ndBest
Moderator
Fever Funder Appiah without the pace
FilledFilledFilledFilledFilled
For post 1620805 10152445803254239 1114551251 n

I take your point about 2 points, but Simon, Pain, Melling and Golec are all very average player. Hoole slightly better. McGlinchey hasn't done anything for 3 seasons. Oar is the only player int he squad that any other team would look at. CCM's imports are been mostly trash for the last few years too. 

RR
Bossi Insider
FilledFilledFilledFilledFilled
For post a49a55578dbc3545891a3968b88a82c3

2ndBest wrote:

I take your point about 2 points, but Simon, Pain, Melling and Golec are all very average player. Hoole slightly better. McGlinchey hasn't done anything for 3 seasons. Oar is the only player int he squad that any other team would look at. CCM's imports are been mostly trash for the last few years too. 

Matt Millar wouldn't go too badly at RWB for us.
Lonegunmen
Legend
FilledFilledFilledFilledFilled
For post reacher

New Manager tomorrow??

172 Consecutive "Home" Wellington Phoenix "A League" Games Attendee   

2ndBest
Moderator
Fever Funder Appiah without the pace
FilledFilledFilledFilledFilled
For post 1620805 10152445803254239 1114551251 n

Thought I saw the other day that they don't have a strength and conditioning person which would explain the number of injuries they have.

RR
Bossi Insider
FilledFilledFilledFilledFilled
For post a49a55578dbc3545891a3968b88a82c3

2ndBest wrote:

Thought I saw the other day that they don't have a strength and conditioning person which would explain the number of injuries they have.

Can't recall if it was them or Brisbane that outsource their fitness work. On the CCMFans.net forums they list this as the current coaching staff


Head Coach: Mike Mulvey
Assistant Coach: Nick Montgomery
Assistant Coach: Ray Junna
Goalkeeping Coach: Matt Nash
Head of Football Performance: Andy Thomson
Physiotherapist: David McGinness
Central Coast Mariners Academy Director: Ken Schembri
Team Manager: Jesse Canning
Kit Manager: Melissa Woods

theprof
Marquee
FilledFilledFilledFilledEmpty
For post wenger trophies

2ndBest wrote:

I take your point about 2 points, but Simon, Pain, Melling and Golec are all very average player. Hoole slightly better. McGlinchey hasn't done anything for 3 seasons. Oar is the only player int he squad that any other team would look at. CCM's imports are been mostly trash for the last few years too. 

they may be average now, but they have been in the league for a ling time so you'd think there would be some quality there. Simon for one has always scored against us, how he's managed to be captain is beyomd me - such a grub of a player.

Queenslander 3x a year.

RR
Bossi Insider
FilledFilledFilledFilledFilled
For post a49a55578dbc3545891a3968b88a82c3

One of the keys to CCM's business plan was to develop and sell a player pretty much every season, they just haven't produced anyone since Ryan/Sainsbury/Rogic and it's crippled them financially with Charlesworth wanting to balance the books. Their best recent projects were Buhagiar & Wales, both left for nothing.

Atm their squad is filled with failed youth projects, guys on their last deals and NPL guys trying to make the step up.

RR
Bossi Insider
FilledFilledFilledFilledFilled
For post a49a55578dbc3545891a3968b88a82c3

RR wrote:

2ndBest wrote:

Thought I saw the other day that they don't have a strength and conditioning person which would explain the number of injuries they have.

Can't recall if it was them or Brisbane that outsource their fitness work. On the CCMFans.net forums they list this as the current coaching staff


Head Coach: Mike Mulvey
Assistant Coach: Nick Montgomery
Assistant Coach: Ray Junna
Goalkeeping Coach: Matt Nash
Head of Football Performance: Andy Thomson
Physiotherapist: David McGinness
Central Coast Mariners Academy Director: Ken Schembri
Team Manager: Jesse Canning
Kit Manager: Melissa Woods

Guessing it must be this guy judging by the press release https://www.ccmariners.com.au/news/mariners-welcome-andy-thomson-head-football-performance

"Thomson boasts 15 years of football coaching experience and specialises in periodisation and physical preparation. Thomson arrives on the Central Coast with an impressive track record of developing top fit teams with fewer injuries through integrating: sports medicine; sports science and strength and conditioning."

Isn't that what DK's guy tried to bring in and it wasn't very good?

Bevan
First Team Squad
FilledFilledFilledEmptyEmpty
For post picture 2440

They should have got a better goalkeeper.

It makes no sense that Birighitti is on the bench at City, and Velaphi on the bench at Perth.

RR
Bossi Insider
FilledFilledFilledFilledFilled
For post a49a55578dbc3545891a3968b88a82c3
Lachyloolaa
WeeNix
FilledFilledEmptyEmptyEmpty
For post wellington phoenix logo pixel

They did it! Against City as well. This is excellent for us on the ladder. I'm really glad CCM won this, they've been hard done by with their results multiple times throughout the season so far. This should be a real confidence raiser for them. 2 more points and they beat the NZ Knights

  

                                                                   

Marto
Starting XI
FilledFilledFilledEmptyEmpty
For post picture 1026

Lachyloolaa wrote:

They did it! Against City as well. This is excellent for us on the ladder. I'm really glad CCM won this, they've been hard done by with their results multiple times throughout the season so far. This should be a real confidence raiser for them. 2 more points and they beat the NZ Knights

Am gutted personally, as Knights fan I really wanted another team to take the worst A-League team ever stat off us and NZ football in general.

Supporter world's best and worst football teams: Waikato/WaiBop, Kingz, Knights, Phoenix, The Argyle, The Whites & the All Whites

theprof
Marquee
FilledFilledFilledFilledEmpty
For post wenger trophies

bolt gone from football - it was "fun while it lasted"

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/football/a-league/110097683/usain-bolt-retires-from-football-says-it-was-fun-while-it-lasted

he should have taken that Malta contract if he was really serious.

Queenslander 3x a year.

RR
Bossi Insider
FilledFilledFilledFilledFilled
For post a49a55578dbc3545891a3968b88a82c3

Mulvey didn't even last until the morning, we claim our second manager's job this season

Sanday
Marquee
FilledFilledFilledFilledEmpty
For post picture 316

"Better than the Knights?" 

Not sure about that.

Blew.2
Marquee
FilledFilledFilledFilledEmpty
For post nix

Mariners sack Mulvey after 8-2 drubbing


https://www.ftbl.com.au/news/mariners-sack-mulvey-after-8-2-drubbing-520337

The "Mulvey Out" chant worked this week

  Supporter For Ever - Keep The Faith - Foundation Member - Never Lets FAX Get In The Way Of A Good Yarn

                                                      

Lonegunmen
Legend
FilledFilledFilledFilledFilled
For post reacher

I like and feel for Mariners fans but really, the club are in complete dis-a-ray

172 Consecutive "Home" Wellington Phoenix "A League" Games Attendee   

RR
Bossi Insider
FilledFilledFilledFilledFilled
For post a49a55578dbc3545891a3968b88a82c3

Lonegunmen wrote:

I like and feel for Mariners fans but really, the club are in complete dis-a-ray

Sacking Mulvey is putting a bandage on a broken leg. The problems the club has had with recruitment and retention have existed for a number of seasons now, regardless of who is the manager. You could hire a world class one but he couldn't do anything with the quality of players they sign and when they do find a diamond in the rough, they lose them straight away because they don't lock them into a longer term deal.
Blew.2
Marquee
FilledFilledFilledFilledEmpty
For post nix

Lonegunmen wrote:

I like and feel for Mariners fans but really, the club are in complete dis-a-ray

Need to relocate to Canberra 

  Supporter For Ever - Keep The Faith - Foundation Member - Never Lets FAX Get In The Way Of A Good Yarn

                                                      

Post New Reply

Please Login or Create an account to post a reply.