Large coolmoves large

Transfer Talk - 2018/19 Season

Sancho
Phoenix Academy
FilledFilledEmptyEmptyEmpty
For post default

Myer Bevan + Sapreet Singh combination, kiwi fire right there! Maybe additional injury cover for Krishna with a chance to develop him in the A-league? Rudan will be the judge on this one to see if he's the right fit for the environment.

liberty_nz
Budgie lover
FilledFilledFilledEmptyEmpty
For post king mo

My (vague) memory of Myer Bevan is that he isn't exactly rapid but was a strong finisher. 

Anyone got any deeper analysis on him?

chopah
Starting XI
FilledFilledFilledEmptyEmpty
For post 2006 05 05 07.33.00 1

would mean another ex-ellerslie lad at the Nix so I would be happy with that... lol

Sancho
Phoenix Academy
FilledFilledEmptyEmptyEmpty
For post default

Just from looking at his stats and seeing the old footage of him he's still got a lot more work to do, I reckon he's got a clean stroke on the ball and some nice footwork and distribution but he doesn't have the scoring pedigree of Shane Smeltz when he was the same age (not sure if theres a skill for that). He's got a decent scoring record in the NZ U-20 but how many of those would have been against OFC opposition? 

A good development comparison would be of Tyler Boyd at the same age, where he was on the fringes but had scored some cracking goals at A-league level while regularly scoring in the Handy. I reckon Myer Bevan would be behind where Tyler Boyd was in most of those areas probably due to the unsettling nature of his youth career. In fact I don't think the Phoenix and Declan has been given enough credit into how rapidly Tyler Boyd developed as a young forward and he's only 23.

OzNix
Trialist
FilledEmptyEmptyEmptyEmpty
For post rhodes

What about Bruno Fornaroli and his excessive skin folds? They'd look great in yellow and black! Given the current Wellington 'summer', he could do with a bit of fat on him to keep him warm. I'm personally not concerned about the skin folds if he can put the ball in the net on a regular basis. 

RR
Bossi Insider
FilledFilledFilledFilledFilled
For post a49a55578dbc3545891a3968b88a82c3

OzNix wrote:

What about Bruno Fornaroli and his excessive skin folds? They'd look great in yellow and black! Given the current Wellington 'summer', he could do with a bit of fat on him to keep him warm. I'm personally not concerned about the skin folds if he can put the ball in the net on a regular basis. 

City are not gonna release him to join another A-League club, it isn't in their best interests
MetalLegNZ
Starting XI
FilledFilledFilledEmptyEmpty
For post default

Myer is energetic and hungry.

He has done well for NZ at all levels and for the NIKE Academy scored goals aginst a lot of quality youth teams. He doesn't have one stand out part to his game to my knowledge. He's quick, but not nothing special, he's got some technical ability, but won't dribble through a team etc.

Still, next to Mata is probably the best young natural striker we have, so happy to see how he goes.

Does the Hong Kong boy come back into contention now?

Aguero
Trialist
FilledEmptyEmptyEmptyEmpty
For post default

MetalLegNZ wrote:

Myer is energetic and hungry.

He has done well for NZ at all levels and for the NIKE Academy scored goals aginst a lot of quality youth teams. He doesn't have one stand out part to his game to my knowledge. He's quick, but not nothing special, he's got some technical ability, but won't dribble through a team etc.

Still, next to Mata is probably the best young natural striker we have, so happy to see how he goes.

Does the Hong Kong boy come back into contention now?


Calvin Harris has gone to the US.

mrsmiis
First Team Squad
FilledFilledFilledEmptyEmpty
For post kmnocxjk

Aguero wrote:

MetalLegNZ wrote:

Myer is energetic and hungry.

He has done well for NZ at all levels and for the NIKE Academy scored goals aginst a lot of quality youth teams. He doesn't have one stand out part to his game to my knowledge. He's quick, but not nothing special, he's got some technical ability, but won't dribble through a team etc.

Still, next to Mata is probably the best young natural striker we have, so happy to see how he goes.

Does the Hong Kong boy come back into contention now?


Calvin Harris has gone to the US.

Already left? We can sign him on a professional deal before then (if I was manager I would certainly look into that but Calvin wouldn't turn down the chance of quality education)

MetalLegNZ
Starting XI
FilledFilledFilledEmptyEmpty
For post default

yeah I thought he went in the new year??

Balbi
WeeNix
FilledFilledEmptyEmptyEmpty
For post t6vfl

mrsmiis wrote:

Aguero wrote:

MetalLegNZ wrote:

Myer is energetic and hungry.

He has done well for NZ at all levels and for the NIKE Academy scored goals aginst a lot of quality youth teams. He doesn't have one stand out part to his game to my knowledge. He's quick, but not nothing special, he's got some technical ability, but won't dribble through a team etc.

Still, next to Mata is probably the best young natural striker we have, so happy to see how he goes.

Does the Hong Kong boy come back into contention now?


Calvin Harris has gone to the US.

Already left? We can sign him on a professional deal before then (if I was manager I would certainly look into that but Calvin wouldn't turn down the chance of quality education)

Yeah, if he signs a pro deal he loses his college eligibility in the US, isn't he?

Express Football Special Calling At

Fratton Park - Champion Hill - Kiwitea St

And all away grounds inbetween.

el grapadura
Moderator
Woof Woof
FilledFilledFilledFilledFilled
For post picture 1609

Balbi wrote:

mrsmiis wrote:

Aguero wrote:

MetalLegNZ wrote:

Myer is energetic and hungry.

He has done well for NZ at all levels and for the NIKE Academy scored goals aginst a lot of quality youth teams. He doesn't have one stand out part to his game to my knowledge. He's quick, but not nothing special, he's got some technical ability, but won't dribble through a team etc.

Still, next to Mata is probably the best young natural striker we have, so happy to see how he goes.

Does the Hong Kong boy come back into contention now?


Calvin Harris has gone to the US.

Already left? We can sign him on a professional deal before then (if I was manager I would certainly look into that but Calvin wouldn't turn down the chance of quality education)

Yeah, if he signs a pro deal he loses his college eligibility in the US, isn't he?

Yep. A lot to lose for what you'd think would be a minimum contract, or not much more than that. Plus if he plays well in college the professional career would still be open to him, so it's a no-brainer really.

For post sarpong

Wonder if any a league club will go for Yaya Toure. Would be pretty pissed if he is considered a marquee player by FFA if Eto'o wasn't. 

Wibblebutt
Overseas
FilledFilledFilledEmptyEmpty
For post nzfootballersos

Follow @NZFootballersOS on twitter for regular updates on NZ Footballers overseas.

mrsmiis
First Team Squad
FilledFilledFilledEmptyEmpty
For post kmnocxjk

Wonder if any a league club will go for Yaya Toure. Would be pretty pissed if he is considered a marquee player by FFA if Eto'o wasn't. 

Apparently had massive attitude problems and was completely out of shape at Olympiakos, caused a lot of shark with the board and only made 5 appearances all off the bench. In theory would be sick for us (or any A-League club) to pick him up but he's not what he used to be, would be pissed if he counts as marquee and Eto'o and Rossi don't

martinb
Marquee
FilledFilledFilledFilledEmpty
For post default

were marquees, but not fully funded?

pacy

For post sarpong

martinb wrote:

were marquees, but not fully funded?

yes, lazy typing on my part. I mean marquee in terms of "A Class" marquees that the FFA would dip into the marquee fund for. 
C-Diddy
Chant Savant
FilledFilledFilledFilledFilled
For post image

martinb wrote:

were marquees, but not fully funded?

yes, lazy typing on my part. I mean marquee in terms of "A Class" marquees that the FFA would dip into the marquee fund for. 

So are Class B & C Marquees less addictive but still harmful?

"Ive just re-visited this and once again realised that C-Diddy is a genius - a drunk, Newcastle bred disgrace - but a genius." - Hard News, 11:39am 4th June 2009

Oska
Marquee
FilledFilledFilledFilledEmpty
For post paul ifill o

hooked on Durante, high on Ferrante...

You know we belong together...

JGodfrey76
Trialist
FilledEmptyEmptyEmptyEmpty
For post default

(First time posting, but i feel this may be newsworthy)

I see that Alex Rufer has posted a photo on his Instagram story captioned "Young boys win again" contains Myer Bevan wearing #30 and another unknown player wearing #12 with his face blacked out. 

Possible unnamed trialist???

Post New Reply

Please Login or Create an account to post a reply.