League Table 2018/19 | #StopTheJets

holeinone
First Team Squad
FilledFilledFilledEmptyEmpty
For post dsc00076

i would like to think we could win 4 of the last 5 games, will be an interesting 5 games of football that's for sure.

C-Diddy
Chant Savant
FilledFilledFilledFilledFilled
For post image

holeinone wrote:

i would like to think we could win 4 of the last 5 games, will be an interesting 5 games of football that's for sure.

Its gonna be one hell of a ride!!!

"Ive just re-visited this and once again realised that C-Diddy is a genius - a drunk, Newcastle bred disgrace - but a genius." - Hard News, 11:39am 4th June 2009

Gooner 4 Life
Starting XI
FilledFilledFilledEmptyEmpty
For post picture 2513

C-Diddy wrote:

holeinone wrote:

i would like to think we could win 4 of the last 5 games, will be an interesting 5 games of football that's for sure.

Its gonna be one hell of a ride!!!

In the Hawkes Bay fever bus?

C-Diddy
Chant Savant
FilledFilledFilledFilledFilled
For post image

C-Diddy wrote:

holeinone wrote:

i would like to think we could win 4 of the last 5 games, will be an interesting 5 games of football that's for sure.

Its gonna be one hell of a ride!!!

In the Hawkes Bay fever bus?

Beginning my Annual end of season results permutations to calculate where we might finish on the ladder before I lock any trip in.

Worst case scenario is that I will be down for the Citeh match, unless we are almost certain of a 4th or higher finish.

"Ive just re-visited this and once again realised that C-Diddy is a genius - a drunk, Newcastle bred disgrace - but a genius." - Hard News, 11:39am 4th June 2009

Sanday
Starting XI
FilledFilledFilledEmptyEmpty
For post picture 316

Jaickin wrote:

Just cranked some numbers for you all. The average points at the end of the season for teams in the Top 6. (Between 2012-2018)

  • Average points for team finishing 1st - 56 Points
  • Average points for team finishing 2nd - 49 Points
  • Average points for team finishing 3rd - 43 Points
  • Average points for team finishing 4th - 41 Points
  • Average points for team finishing 5th - 39 Points
  • Average points for team finishing 6th  - 36 Points

So we'll need 2 wins and a draw from our last 5 games to meet the average of a 4th placed finish. 

Looks like teams will need more points than the average to finish in those positions this season.

patrick478
Moderator
Assistant to the senior Intern
FilledFilledFilledFilledFilled
For post siggy hit2

Sanday wrote:

Jaickin wrote:

Just cranked some numbers for you all. The average points at the end of the season for teams in the Top 6. (Between 2012-2018)

  • Average points for team finishing 1st - 56 Points
  • Average points for team finishing 2nd - 49 Points
  • Average points for team finishing 3rd - 43 Points
  • Average points for team finishing 4th - 41 Points
  • Average points for team finishing 5th - 39 Points
  • Average points for team finishing 6th  - 36 Points

So we'll need 2 wins and a draw from our last 5 games to meet the average of a 4th placed finish. 

Looks like teams will need more points than the average to finish in those positions this season.

Indeed. Most seasons haven't had a team like the Mariners honking up the joint down the bottom of the table. 

Yellow Fever - Misery loves company

C-Diddy
Chant Savant
FilledFilledFilledFilledFilled
For post image

patrick478 wrote:

Sanday wrote:

Jaickin wrote:

Just cranked some numbers for you all. The average points at the end of the season for teams in the Top 6. (Between 2012-2018)

  • Average points for team finishing 1st - 56 Points
  • Average points for team finishing 2nd - 49 Points
  • Average points for team finishing 3rd - 43 Points
  • Average points for team finishing 4th - 41 Points
  • Average points for team finishing 5th - 39 Points
  • Average points for team finishing 6th  - 36 Points

So we'll need 2 wins and a draw from our last 5 games to meet the average of a 4th placed finish. 

Looks like teams will need more points than the average to finish in those positions this season.

Indeed. Most seasons haven't had a team like the Mariners honking up the joint down the bottom of the table. 

Yeah its been us not the Gypsies!

"Ive just re-visited this and once again realised that C-Diddy is a genius - a drunk, Newcastle bred disgrace - but a genius." - Hard News, 11:39am 4th June 2009

The Savior
Trialist
FilledEmptyEmptyEmptyEmpty
For post images

I need some ADMIN assistance from some helpful people...

I am definitely keen to fly up for the Nix if they get a home playoff game. The thing I need to know is when to book flights for? and is it a bit of a guessing game.

Firstly... When do we know 100% what date our home game is? Is it after round 27? Or are the two dates pre locked in and then whoever finishes 3rd gets a Friday and whoever finishes 4th gets a Sunday for example?

Basically, do I need to guess what flights to book or can I make an educated guess or what? Someone must have some experience in this.

Cheers team

TS

The Savior
Trialist
FilledEmptyEmptyEmptyEmpty
For post images

The Savior wrote:

I need some ADMIN assistance from some helpful people...

I am definitely keen to fly up for the Nix if they get a home playoff game. The thing I need to know is when to book flights for? and is it a bit of a guessing game.

Firstly... When do we know 100% what date our home game is? Is it after round 27? Or are the two dates pre locked in and then whoever finishes 3rd gets a Friday and whoever finishes 4th gets a Sunday for example?

Basically, do I need to guess what flights to book or can I make an educated guess or what? Someone must have some experience in this.

Cheers team

Surely if we have locked in 4th spot 2 weeks early, then we know the likely date it'd be?

TS

Lonegunmen
Legend
FilledFilledFilledFilledFilled
For post reacher

Just remember, anything is possible with the FFA - They are a law unto themselves.

163 games  163 games

RR
Bossi Insider
FilledFilledFilledFilledFilled
For post a49a55578dbc3545891a3968b88a82c3

The Savior wrote:

I need some ADMIN assistance from some helpful people...

I am definitely keen to fly up for the Nix if they get a home playoff game. The thing I need to know is when to book flights for? and is it a bit of a guessing game.

Firstly... When do we know 100% what date our home game is? Is it after round 27? Or are the two dates pre locked in and then whoever finishes 3rd gets a Friday and whoever finishes 4th gets a Sunday for example?

Basically, do I need to guess what flights to book or can I make an educated guess or what? Someone must have some experience in this.

Cheers team

First week of the finals is 3rd-5th of May. The Hurricanes play at the Stadium on the 4th May, so we will probably play on Sunday the 5th May. I doubt the FFA would give us a Friday night game, it would make for poor TV metrics.
Lonegunmen
Legend
FilledFilledFilledFilledFilled
For post reacher

Yep, a 7:30pm Sunday game will definately bring a big crowd to the Stadium. Although a 3pm game could work.

163 games  163 games

RR
Bossi Insider
FilledFilledFilledFilledFilled
For post a49a55578dbc3545891a3968b88a82c3

Lonegunmen wrote:

Yep, a 7:30pm Sunday game will definately bring a big crowd to the Stadium. Although a 3pm game could work.

FFA take all the gate takings, so I would think a 5pm Sunday KO would be the right mix of crowd/TV ratings
Tegal
Moderator
Head Sleuth
FilledFilledFilledFilledFilled
For post 6a831056 9031 45d7 8d6d 949589ae360d

This chat is a massive jinx. 

Allegedly

Sancho
Phoenix Academy
FilledFilledEmptyEmptyEmpty
For post default

The Savior wrote:

Surely if we have locked in 4th spot 2 weeks early, then we know the likely date it'd be?

Depends if we end up contending for 2nd or 7th, the way I see it anything except 1st, 8th, 9th and 10th is up for grabs so we can't really lock anything in until round 26 is complete

Colvinator
Starting XI
FilledFilledFilledEmptyEmpty
For post picture 3553

RR wrote:

FFA take all the gate takings

I thought many years ago that was revised and there was at least some sharing of the gate takings between the club and the FFA?

Or maybe that was just talked about and wasn't actually changed?

RR
Bossi Insider
FilledFilledFilledFilledFilled
For post a49a55578dbc3545891a3968b88a82c3

Colvinator wrote:

RR wrote:

FFA take all the gate takings

I thought many years ago that was revised and there was at least some sharing of the gate takings between the club and the FFA?

Or maybe that was just talked about and wasn't actually changed?

As with everything with the FFA, it was talked about but never happened.
C-Diddy
Chant Savant
FilledFilledFilledFilledFilled
For post image

RR wrote:

The Savior wrote:

I need some ADMIN assistance from some helpful people...

I am definitely keen to fly up for the Nix if they get a home playoff game. The thing I need to know is when to book flights for? and is it a bit of a guessing game.

Firstly... When do we know 100% what date our home game is? Is it after round 27? Or are the two dates pre locked in and then whoever finishes 3rd gets a Friday and whoever finishes 4th gets a Sunday for example?

Basically, do I need to guess what flights to book or can I make an educated guess or what? Someone must have some experience in this.

Cheers team

First week of the finals is 3rd-5th of May. The Hurricanes play at the Stadium on the 4th May, so we will probably play on Sunday the 5th May. I doubt the FFA would give us a Friday night game, it would make for poor TV metrics.

The Blues are away to the Brumbies that weekend so Eden Park is available...

"Ive just re-visited this and once again realised that C-Diddy is a genius - a drunk, Newcastle bred disgrace - but a genius." - Hard News, 11:39am 4th June 2009

Colvinator
Starting XI
FilledFilledFilledEmptyEmpty
For post picture 3553

C-Diddy wrote:

RR wrote:

The Savior wrote:

I need some ADMIN assistance from some helpful people...

I am definitely keen to fly up for the Nix if they get a home playoff game. The thing I need to know is when to book flights for? and is it a bit of a guessing game.

Firstly... When do we know 100% what date our home game is? Is it after round 27? Or are the two dates pre locked in and then whoever finishes 3rd gets a Friday and whoever finishes 4th gets a Sunday for example?

Basically, do I need to guess what flights to book or can I make an educated guess or what? Someone must have some experience in this.

Cheers team

First week of the finals is 3rd-5th of May. The Hurricanes play at the Stadium on the 4th May, so we will probably play on Sunday the 5th May. I doubt the FFA would give us a Friday night game, it would make for poor TV metrics.

The Blues are away to the Brumbies that weekend so Eden Park is available...

Surely some Australian venues must be free?

C-Diddy
Chant Savant
FilledFilledFilledFilledFilled
For post image

Colvinator wrote:

C-Diddy wrote:

RR wrote:

The Savior wrote:

I need some ADMIN assistance from some helpful people...

I am definitely keen to fly up for the Nix if they get a home playoff game. The thing I need to know is when to book flights for? and is it a bit of a guessing game.

Firstly... When do we know 100% what date our home game is? Is it after round 27? Or are the two dates pre locked in and then whoever finishes 3rd gets a Friday and whoever finishes 4th gets a Sunday for example?

Basically, do I need to guess what flights to book or can I make an educated guess or what? Someone must have some experience in this.

Cheers team

First week of the finals is 3rd-5th of May. The Hurricanes play at the Stadium on the 4th May, so we will probably play on Sunday the 5th May. I doubt the FFA would give us a Friday night game, it would make for poor TV metrics.

The Blues are away to the Brumbies that weekend so Eden Park is available...

Surely some Australian venues must be free?

First official fixture at the Wandertards new ground?

"Ive just re-visited this and once again realised that C-Diddy is a genius - a drunk, Newcastle bred disgrace - but a genius." - Hard News, 11:39am 4th June 2009

Post New Reply

Please Login or Create an account to post a reply.