2019/20 Part II A New Beginning

el grapadura
Moderator
Fever Funder Woof Woof
FilledFilledFilledFilledFilled
For post picture 1609

Ryan wrote:

Mainland FC wrote:

Ryan wrote:

With countries coming out of lockdown you'd hope Davilla can come back considering he's contracted to next year.

He would be an excellent player to build the squad around again.  

And good ol' NZ not such a bad place to be right now.

Yep, no cases in Wellington in more than a month now, has to be one of the safest cities in the world at the moment.

No new cases for over a month. We went to zero active cases last week.

Not that I mean to detract from the overall point.

Ranix
WeeNix
FilledFilledEmptyEmptyEmpty
For post default

el grapadura wrote:

Ryan wrote:

Mainland FC wrote:

Ryan wrote:

With countries coming out of lockdown you'd hope Davilla can come back considering he's contracted to next year.

He would be an excellent player to build the squad around again.  

And good ol' NZ not such a bad place to be right now.

Yep, no cases in Wellington in more than a month now, has to be one of the safest cities in the world at the moment.

No new cases for over a month. We went to zero active cases last week.

Not that I mean to detract from the overall point.

Different story in the UK and Mexico. There will certainly be no shortcuts in getting Hopper and Davila back to Aus if and when the season resumes. Along with a lot of other teams players that returned home overseas. Including coach Robbie Fowler.

Flights / Quarantine etc. Very complicated.

el grapadura
Moderator
Fever Funder Woof Woof
FilledFilledFilledFilledFilled
For post picture 1609

Besides I don't think that either NZ or Aus would be keen to let through non-nationals from either Mexico or the UK the way things are right now.

valeo
Legend
FilledFilledFilledFilledFilled
For post 95661448 10

theprof wrote:

Davila is the one we most need! Hooper I think we can survive without although I'd love to see him back to finish the season at least.

I wonder how Hooper's fitness is, though

a.haak

theprof
Marquee
FilledFilledFilledFilledEmpty
For post wenger trophies

one would hope that he hasn't returned to his preseason unfit state.

Queenslander 3x a year.

ballane
Marquee
FilledFilledFilledFilledEmpty
For post ph2

Don't think its that complicated there are flights coming in, does mean there would be a 2 week quarantine. Don't think that's really an issue as long as they don't arrive the last minute. Doubt very much that we are the only team to face this issue we are already aware of Fowler and Brisbane there must be others.

The issue that must be worrying the FFA is the different approaches of the State Governments. As it stands at present there would have to four teams relocated to NSW. May well be different by the time kickoff comes around but then again.

GET YOUR SHIRTS OFF FOR THE BOYS

ballane
Marquee
FilledFilledFilledFilledEmpty
For post ph2

theprof wrote:

one would hope that he hasn't returned to his preseason unfit state.

That's a bit unfair isn't it, wasn't he coming off an injury break. Given his contract is due to run out unless he has given an undertaking to come back wouldn't expect him to arrive in peak condition if he HOPEFULLY comes back.

GET YOUR SHIRTS OFF FOR THE BOYS

theprof
Marquee
FilledFilledFilledFilledEmpty
For post wenger trophies

ballane wrote:

theprof wrote:

one would hope that he hasn't returned to his preseason unfit state.

That's a bit unfair isn't it, wasn't he coming off an injury break. Given his contract is due to run out unless he has given an undertaking to come back wouldn't expect him to arrive in peak condition if he HOPEFULLY comes back.

hardly unfair, the season is still alive, he is still employed to play football - I'd have thought there would be some expectation that he'd be ready to play as soon as the competition restarts.

Queenslander 3x a year.

ballane
Marquee
FilledFilledFilledFilledEmpty
For post ph2

Sorry never realised the contracts had been sorted, also meant part of his being unfit was down to injury..Even despite being unfit his stats off the bench were pretty good

GET YOUR SHIRTS OFF FOR THE BOYS

Ryan
Fever Funder Marquee
FilledFilledFilledFilledEmpty
For post superkat

ballane wrote:

Don't think its that complicated there are flights coming in, does mean there would be a 2 week quarantine. Don't think that's really an issue as long as they don't arrive the last minute. Doubt very much that we are the only team to face this issue we are already aware of Fowler and Brisbane there must be others.

The issue that must be worrying the FFA is the different approaches of the State Governments. As it stands at present there would have to four teams relocated to NSW. May well be different by the time kickoff comes around but then again.

Won't be a problem once the government allows travel, I'd be comfortable if they opened up their borders for people coming here for business or work as long as them (or their company) paid for the quarantine.

newzealandpower
Fever Funder Marquee
FilledFilledFilledFilledEmpty
For post picture 919

Let's hope he can pick up where he left off. You could see Hooper was getting better with each game fitness wise. After the initial impact of the first couple of games wore off he struggled but then just before the break he really started to put the pedal to the metal.

VUW AFC - Victoria University Football for life

Ryan
Fever Funder Marquee
FilledFilledFilledFilledEmpty
For post superkat

el grapadura wrote:

Ryan wrote:

Mainland FC wrote:

Ryan wrote:

With countries coming out of lockdown you'd hope Davilla can come back considering he's contracted to next year.

He would be an excellent player to build the squad around again.  

And good ol' NZ not such a bad place to be right now.

Yep, no cases in Wellington in more than a month now, has to be one of the safest cities in the world at the moment.

No new cases for over a month. We went to zero active cases last week.

Not that I mean to detract from the overall point.

Yeah I meant new cases.

Blew.2
Marquee
FilledFilledFilledFilledEmpty
For post nix
The remainder of the A-League season increasingly looks set to be completed in a tournament-style format in a hub located in NSW, Victoria or Queensland.

The final rounds of the A-League season appear increasingly likely to be played in a hub location in a tournament-style fixture format.

FFA boss James Johnson said last week that NSW and Victoria were being considered as locations for the remainder of the suspended campaign.

On Thursday, it was confirmed Queensland was also being assessed with a plan to play the remaining 27 regular-season games and the finals series at venues in Brisbane and the Gold Coast.

Sauce

Vic n NSW have the worst stats for Corona control. 

  Supporter For Ever - Keep The Faith - Foundation Member - Never Lets FAX Get In The Way Of A Good Yarn

                                                      

coochiee
Marquee
FilledFilledFilledFilledEmpty
For post aonc cover

Blew.2 wrote:

Sauce

Vic n NSW have the worst stats for Corona control. 

I don't know the individual stats by state, but from 1,137,684 tests, Australia has had 7,081 overall positive tests. That's an infection rate of 0.6%.

So say NSW and VIC are x2 the national average you are still only looking at 1.2%.

It's bit like saying I would never drive in Southland, because the road toll there per capita, is x2 worse than Auckland's.

ballane
Marquee
FilledFilledFilledFilledEmpty
For post ph2

That might be the case but the states in Aussie seem to be having big problems with one another. Some of the stuff being said by some politicians is bloody childish. Surprised Queensland is even being considered given they reckon they arnt going to lift their quarantine any time soon.

GET YOUR SHIRTS OFF FOR THE BOYS

WhoStoleMySock
First Team Squad
FilledFilledFilledEmptyEmpty
For post h28ou8hv8a7278znbq

Blew.2 wrote:
The remainder of the A-League season increasingly looks set to be completed in a tournament-style format in a hub located in NSW, Victoria or Queensland.

The final rounds of the A-League season appear increasingly likely to be played in a hub location in a tournament-style fixture format.

FFA boss James Johnson said last week that NSW and Victoria were being considered as locations for the remainder of the suspended campaign.

On Thursday, it was confirmed Queensland was also being assessed with a plan to play the remaining 27 regular-season games and the finals series at venues in Brisbane and the Gold Coast.

Sauce

Vic n NSW have the worst stats for Corona control. 

You would think having it in SA would be the logical move, one active case in a month, currently no active cases. In the middle of everyone. But I just want to watch live football so I'm being selfish. 

Only issue is our Premier is playing hardball with SA's AFL teams and sending them off to Queensland so he probably would do the same with A-League.

Adelaide's resident kit enthusiast and Nix supporter

My home kit collection: (have/want): 
07/09 09/11 11/13 13/15 15/17 17/18 18/19 19/20

Away kit collection? One day...

www.facebook.com/knightoverday

ballane
Marquee
FilledFilledFilledFilledEmpty
For post ph2

As much as I love my Nix if im honest having watched some recent Bundesliga played to empty stadiums. Im not that excited about watching any sport in empty stadiums. 

Dosnt really matter what they do it just isn't anything like the real thing. Despite what they may say reckon it must be hard for the players to get themselves up.

GET YOUR SHIRTS OFF FOR THE BOYS

aitkenmike
Marquee
FilledFilledFilledFilledEmpty
For post picture 1277

Meh, I like to watch the game, not the crowd.  It can provide some extra atmosphere, but crowd or no crowd I can enjoy the game.

Ryan
Fever Funder Marquee
FilledFilledFilledFilledEmpty
For post superkat

ballane wrote:

As much as I love my Nix if im honest having watched some recent Bundesliga played to empty stadiums. Im not that excited about watching any sport in empty stadiums. 

Dosnt really matter what they do it just isn't anything like the real thing. Despite what they may say reckon it must be hard for the players to get themselves up.

If we go deep into the finals you won't care about the crowd.

Oi Oi Edgecumbe
One in a million
FilledFilledFilledFilledEmpty
For post picture 91

From my experience, players get up pretty quickly even for a training game

Oi Oi Edgecumbe... lets have a clean sheet

Post New Reply

Please Login or Create an account to post a reply.