Olé Football Academy/Western Suburbs - Declan Edge

For post bull with no text

Attention Youth Football Players and Parents in the Wellington Area,

What: Olé Football Academy Elite Summer Training for aspiring youth football players.

Who: Boys and girls ages u10-u13 (birth years 2001 – 05). Training will consist of four age groups (10’s/11’s/12’s/13’s).

When: September 16th – December 18th with each age group training 4x per week.

How: In order for a player to be selected for elite summer training, he or she must participate in a free 3-day trial with one of Olé’s summer training groups or attend an Olé open day in the upcoming month. The next open day is scheduled for August 24th from 4:00 – 5:30 pm. Players attending must register at the following link. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1NN7aRHo0QtdVn6ChtNPHFbMMTNUIXZppstyD1GJ1-JM/viewform?c=0&w=1&usp=mail_form_link


If you are interested in learning more about summer training opportunities for your young player please contact Olé at admin@ole.co.nz or call us at (04) 237 0506.

For more information on Olé Football Academy please visit us at www.ole.co.nz or visit our Facebook page here to see the latest happenings around the academy.

*** Note: Players participating in Olé’s summer training program do not have to be affiliated with Western Suburbs.

Edited by Hard News August 13, 2014 10:42
Jeff Vader
Cock
FilledFilledFilledFilledFilled
For post capture1

Hi Declan!

Grumpy old bastard alert

Matt W-S
Moderator
Starting XI
FilledFilledFilledEmptyEmpty
For post wind rain phoenix

Declan thinks coaches aren't working hard enough with youth players.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/nz-newspapers/central-north...

I'm an optimistic pessimist. 

I'm positive things will go wrong.

zonknz
First Team Squad
FilledFilledFilledEmptyEmpty
For post arse nix3

I can't speak for other coaching setups/academies, but you will see Declan on the sideline at as many Wests/Ole 13th Grade, 14th Grade, U17 and Cap Prem & Central League games as he can be at- i.e if there is no time conflict. He's active on the pitch in pretty much every training session across the Ole age groupings.

The kids see the commitment he makes, and they respond to that.

Jeff Vader
Cock
FilledFilledFilledFilledFilled
For post capture1

I intensely dislike the guy but he does put in the hours...

Grumpy old bastard alert

Global Game
Marquee
FilledFilledFilledFilledEmpty
For post screen shot 2019 03 17 at 11.36.45 am

How many Ole/Edge alumni are currently playing professionally?

Thomas

Boyd

Lissette

McCowatt

Just

Wilkins

Billingsley

Garbett 

Adams

Also:

Collier back training/trialing in the US, with Chicago again? 

Pinjaker on trial with Grasshopper

Does that football nomad Jesse Edge have a club at the moment? 

Anyone else? 

Kotahitanga. We are one.

Feverish
Legend
FilledFilledFilledFilledFilled
For post picture 6

Lissette back in Handa Prem after playing pub leagues like most of our 'pro' players?

Founder

Global Game
Marquee
FilledFilledFilledFilledEmpty
For post screen shot 2019 03 17 at 11.36.45 am

Feverish wrote:

Lissette back in Handa Prem after playing pub leagues like most of our 'pro' players?

Or just Swedish winter break ?

Kotahitanga. We are one.

Critical_Lemon
Starting XI
FilledFilledFilledEmptyEmpty
For post i m a militia

Tyler was offered a contract for this year but decided to return to NZ.

Global Game
Marquee
FilledFilledFilledFilledEmpty
For post screen shot 2019 03 17 at 11.36.45 am

Global Game wrote:

How many Ole/Edge alumni are currently playing professionally, (edit: excluding pub leagues)

Thomas

Boyd

McCowatt

Just

Wilkins

Billingsley

Garbett 

Adams

Also:

Collier back training/trialing in the US, with Chicago again? 

Pinjaker on trial with Grasshopper

Does that football nomad Jesse Edge have a club at the moment? 

Lissette (moved from Swedish 2nd, then 3rd tier to current: NZ pub league) 

Anyone else? 

Kotahitanga. We are one.

coochiee
Starting XI
FilledFilledFilledEmptyEmpty
For post aonc cover

Global Game wrote:

Global Game wrote:

How many Ole/Edge alumni are currently playing professionally, (edit: excluding pub leagues)

Thomas

Boyd

McCowatt

Just

Wilkins

Billingsley

Garbett 

Adams

Also:

Collier back training/trialing in the US, with Chicago again? 

Pinjaker on trial with Grasshopper

Does that football nomad Jesse Edge have a club at the moment? 

Lissette (moved from Swedish 2nd, then 3rd tier to current: NZ pub league) 

Anyone else? 

Like him or loathe Declan, that is now an impressive list. For a few years just Thomas, Boyd & Lissette - but it's grown.

Really is Dutch pub football but Michael den Heijer is another. Playing somewhere in 5th-6th tier in Holland with Jesse Edge. Was on the books of NEC in Dutch 2nd tier.

Did Parker-Price and Wooldridge come through Ole? You would think Torslanda is just a starting point for them.

zonknz
First Team Squad
FilledFilledFilledEmptyEmpty
For post arse nix3

Parker-Price and Woodridge are both ole players.

Global Game
Marquee
FilledFilledFilledFilledEmpty
For post screen shot 2019 03 17 at 11.36.45 am

coochiee wrote:

Global Game wrote:

Global Game wrote:

How many Ole/Edge alumni are currently playing professionally, (edit: excluding pub leagues)

Thomas

Boyd

McCowatt

Just

Wilkins

Billingsley

Garbett 

Adams

Also:

Collier back training/trialing in the US, with Chicago again? 

Pinjaker on trial with Grasshopper

Does that football nomad Jesse Edge have a club at the moment? 

Lissette (moved from Swedish 2nd, then 3rd tier to current: NZ pub league) 

Anyone else? 

Like him or loathe Declan, that is now an impressive list. For a few years just Thomas, Boyd & Lissette - but it's grown.

Really is Dutch pub football but Michael den Heijer is another. Playing somewhere in 5th-6th tier in Holland with Jesse Edge. Was on the books of NEC in Dutch 2nd tier.

Did Parker-Price and Wooldridge come through Ole? You would think Torslanda is just a starting point for them.

Don’t think Michael came through Declan/Waikato/Ole (certainly not Ole). Onehunga I think.  

Kotahitanga. We are one.

Global Game
Marquee
FilledFilledFilledFilledEmpty
For post screen shot 2019 03 17 at 11.36.45 am

UPDATED 29.01.2020

Global Game wrote:

coochiee wrote:

Global Game wrote:

Global Game wrote:

How many Ole/Edge alumni are currently playing professionally, (edit: excluding pub leagues)

1. Thomas. Netherlands/PSV

2. Boyd. Turkey/Besiktas

3. McCowatt. Australia-NZ/Nix

4. Just. Denmark/Helsingor

5. Wilkins. Denmark/Helsingor

6. Billingsley MLS/Minnesota

7. Garbett. Sweden/Falkenbergs

8. Adams MLS/Houston

9. Pijnaker. Switzerland/Grasshopper

Also:

Collier back training/trialling in the US, with Chicago again? 

Does that football nomad Jesse Edge have a club at the moment? 

Lissette (moved from Swedish 2nd, then 3rd tier to current: NZ pub league) 

Anyone else? 

Like him or loathe Declan, that is now an impressive list. For a few years just Thomas, Boyd & Lissette - but it's grown.

Really is Dutch pub football but Michael den Heijer is another. Playing somewhere in 5th-6th tier in Holland with Jesse Edge. Was on the books of NEC in Dutch 2nd tier.

Did Parker-Price and Wooldridge come through Ole? You would think Torslanda is just a starting point for them.

Don’t think Michael came through Declan/Waikato/Ole (certainly not Ole). Onehunga I think.  

Kotahitanga. We are one.

Global Game
Marquee
FilledFilledFilledFilledEmpty
For post screen shot 2019 03 17 at 11.36.45 am

Global Game wrote:

UPDATED 07.02.2020

Ole/Edge alumni currently playing professionally, (edit: excluding pub leagues)

1. Thomas. Netherlands/PSV

2. Boyd. Turkey/Besiktas

3. McCowatt. Australia-NZ/Nix

4. Just. Denmark/Helsingor

5. Wilkins. Denmark/Helsingor

6. Billingsley MLS/Minnesota

7. Garbett. Sweden/Falkenbergs

8. Adams MLS/Houston

9. Pijnaker. Switzerland/Grasshopper

10. Collier. MLS/Chicago

Also:

Does that football nomad Jesse Edge have a club at the moment? 

Lissette (moved from Swedish 2nd, then 3rd tier to current: NZ pub league) 

Anyone else?

Who is next? 

Kotahitanga. We are one.

newzealandpower
Marquee
FilledFilledFilledFilledEmpty
For post picture 919

I'm totally impartial on the whole Ole/Declan thing..

but is it fair to strike people off when they go down to a level that isn't deemed satisfactory?


I mean, there's plenty of players the world over who failed to live up to expectations and saw out their playing days in pub leagues or similar.

Isn't their coach's job to get them there in the first place? And then attitude, injuries, pure luck can make all the difference?

VUW AFC - Victoria University Football for life

mrsmiis
First Team Squad
FilledFilledFilledEmptyEmpty
For post kmnocxjk

I'm totally impartial on the whole Ole/Declan thing..

but is it fair to strike people off when they go down to a level that isn't deemed satisfactory?


I mean, there's plenty of players the world over who failed to live up to expectations and saw out their playing days in pub leagues or similar.

Isn't their coach's job to get them there in the first place? And then attitude, injuries, pure luck can make all the difference?

Especially when den Heijer and Edge are only playing far down in the Dutch pyramid to keep fit and kill time. MDH was linked to much bigger things this offseason

Nelfoos
First Team Squad
FilledFilledFilledEmptyEmpty
For post iffy 2

Its a list of professional footballers. Isn't it right to de-list them when they aren't playing professional football? Its not a knock on them as people or footballers, just a factual observation about where they're playing.

Loves a Long Pin

coochiee
Starting XI
FilledFilledFilledEmptyEmpty
For post aonc cover

I think the good of the mad hatter Declan, far outweighs the bad, for NZ football overall.

However Ole haven't been exactly shy in listing the names of pro footballers, who have come through their doors - as effectively a form of advertising their services. If one of their 'sons' is no longer playing pro football, that should be noted.

It's still an impressive list now though. Basically been a new pro signing/or player signing a level above (Adams & Collier), announced every week since 2020 started. 

And yes I had it wrong above with Michael den Heijer, came through WYNRS/Phoenix Auckland Academy not Ole. Though sounds like his thinking is very much of the Ole style (plus seems mates with Jesse Edge). He pulled out of a U20s training camp (Bazeley was coach) according to MDH, as he didn't like the route one football Bazeley was coaching.

newzealandpower
Marquee
FilledFilledFilledFilledEmpty
For post picture 919

Nelfoos wrote:

Its a list of professional footballers. Isn't it right to de-list them when they aren't playing professional football? Its not a knock on them as people or footballers, just a factual observation about where they're playing.

It depends on what you want to get out of the list.

Do you want to know how many Ole graduates made it and became professionals?

Or do you want to know, out of the above, how many are currently pros?

From my reading the conversation, it was more a question of the former.

VUW AFC - Victoria University Football for life

Post New Reply

Please Login or Create an account to post a reply.