Mainland Premier League

Roys town
Trialist
FilledEmptyEmptyEmptyEmpty
For post default

VimFuego wrote:

BenchWarmer wrote:

Roys town wrote:

VimFuego wrote:

Roys town wrote:

VimFuego wrote:

Latest update could mean a QB Weekend start date! Bring it on!

Sport Nz - no contact sport in level 2.

Hopefully they define that better or are looking in more detail

Yer the "no contact sport in level 2" has been modified. Here's the latest update from MF and NZF tonight. 

Interesting, some of the contact tracing could be difficult but better news

For MPL and CCL games (plus reserves this season) it should be ok from a game perspective as everyone’s details are in comet. The fans are the issue and details need to be captured.

Also the fact it’s 100 per pitch means somewhere like Cuthberts could have 500 people but they need to stay on their different pitches

Yer so it's going to have be a single point of entry so your details can going to be collected. Some MPL games get more than 100 people, who is going to have the job of telling the 101st person they're not welcome. And what's to stop them just walking around and watching anyways!

Considering I'm late to almost every game this poses quite an issue.

Needs to be strong communication from Mainland to clubs and also direct to all players/parents on comet about their expectations. Can't leave it to just clubs to pass the news.

VimFuego
Starting XI
FilledFilledFilledEmptyEmpty
For post picture 901

Sad change of plan with Level 2 being only 10 people gatherings! Strange they released the document last week saying sport can continue as long as rules are in place and up to 100 and not we're back to 10. 

Just means that when it is revisited in 2 weeks time, and hopefully the gathering number goes up or the level go down, we will still have another time gap before actual training can happen and football can start. 

It's not like my team trains anyways! We're in our best physical condition yet!

I let my guitar speak for me

BenchWarmer
WeeNix
FilledFilledEmptyEmptyEmpty
For post bench warmers

VimFuego wrote:

Sad change of plan with Level 2 being only 10 people gatherings! Strange they released the document last week saying sport can continue as long as rules are in place and up to 100 and not we're back to 10. 

Just means that when it is revisited in 2 weeks time, and hopefully the gathering number goes up or the level go down, we will still have another time gap before actual training can happen and football can start. 

It's not like my team trains anyways! We're in our best physical condition yet!

If anyone saw the reason that seemed to be given it linked back to Sport NZ saying clubs wouldn’t be ready until the start of June to play! 

Yes start of June to play because teams (well MPL and CCL at least) need a couple of weeks to get back up to speed.

The problem with that now though is that there’s going to be a couple of weeks more as only 9 players and a coach can train on a field at a time! 🤔

theprof
Marquee
FilledFilledFilledFilledEmpty
For post wenger trophies

the 10 training at one time is the same thing that's happening with the warriors, so I'd assumed that our government had looked at that advice and thought they'd follow suit for at least two weeks. If the MPL and CCL guys needs to train for a month before they play they can, in grups of 10 for 2 weeks then it'll be staged to groups of 50+ on the 21st.

Queenslander 3x a year.

andrewvoerman
Getting paid to be here
FilledFilledEmptyEmptyEmpty
For post default

theprof wrote:

the 10 training at one time is the same thing that's happening with the warriors, so I'd assumed that our government had looked at that advice and thought they'd follow suit for at least two weeks. If the MPL and CCL guys needs to train for a month before they play they can, in grups of 10 for 2 weeks then it'll be staged to groups of 50+ on the 21st.

It's worth nothing this is not a sport-specific rule – between last Thursday and the decision point on Monday, the Government put a limit of 10 across most types of gatherings (though it later relaxed it to 50 for funerals and tangi), clearly wanting to strike a compromise between the level 2 it had envisaged and calls from scientists for at least another week to be spent at level 3. The date that limit will be reviewed (along with the rest of the restrictions in place and whether we stay at level 2 at all) is May 25.

Delta
Trialist
FilledEmptyEmptyEmptyEmpty
For post default

theprof wrote:

the 10 training at one time is the same thing that's happening with the warriors, so I'd assumed that our government had looked at that advice and thought they'd follow suit for at least two weeks. If the MPL and CCL guys needs to train for a month before they play they can, in grups of 10 for 2 weeks then it'll be staged to groups of 50+ on the 21st.

What are the rules that the super rugby teams are going back to training under?? wouldnt this be a better guide than the warriors who are in Australia??

andrewvoerman
Getting paid to be here
FilledFilledEmptyEmptyEmpty
For post default

Delta wrote:

theprof wrote:

the 10 training at one time is the same thing that's happening with the warriors, so I'd assumed that our government had looked at that advice and thought they'd follow suit for at least two weeks. If the MPL and CCL guys needs to train for a month before they play they can, in grups of 10 for 2 weeks then it'll be staged to groups of 50+ on the 21st.

What are the rules that the super rugby teams are going back to training under?? wouldnt this be a better guide than the warriors who are in Australia??

There are no group size restrictions on Super Rugby teams (or ANZ Premiership teams, or the Phoenix). 

VimFuego
Starting XI
FilledFilledFilledEmptyEmpty
For post picture 901

I let my guitar speak for me

BenchWarmer
WeeNix
FilledFilledEmptyEmptyEmpty
For post bench warmers

From Mainland this morning


Tracing Platform and Start dates

Good Morning to you all.

It has been a busy week but we are glad to be able to provide you details around the tracing platform that has been tested and agreed for use by New Zealand Football. A number of other codes are also using this platform.

IDME Platform

The IDME platform has been selected for use. Further details are being sent to clubs and we will share that with you over the next week.

In the mean time there is a video for members to use to see how to load IDME into your phones.

https://www.sporty.co.nz/asset/downloadasset?id=bbc10b43-3617-47ff-9d17-82992f15df49

The Federation will put together the list of grounds and codes. We will then share these with you and on our Website.

Season Start Dates

Following positive discussions with the various councils in our region, we are very confident we can have all grounds ready to go by the 6th June. This will of course, be dependent on the weather and we will re-assess as we get closer to this date, but it now gives us a date to be working from. We have also confirmed that the winter season will be extended until September 26th. This gives us a 17 week window with which to run competitions which is a great result all around, we are also considering other avenues to fit in an extra game or two to bring us up to an ‘ordinary’ season. We may look to extend the season beyond September for certain competitions.

We also advise that some fields may be released back to council sooner than September 26th to give them time to prepare for Summer codes

Please note that this will also be dependent on advice from the NZ Govt on 25th May on the number of participants that can take part in any ‘group’. In order for football to take place as we are planning above, this number will need to increase to a minimum of 50. Current thinking is that if we continue to trend as we are with our COVID cases, that the number of people allowed in any ‘group’ will increase to 100 as was initially included on level 2 documentation.

We understand there is a lot of work to be done in the three weeks from now until then and so we wanted to get this memo out to give you as much time as possible to plan and prepare to play.

Our Competitions team are working hard to get a season structure put in place for competitions. We will provide regular updates on this for you.

Once again on behalf of the team at Mainland thanks for you support. We will all hav to remain vigilant and take personal responsibility to play out part in keeping everyone safe.

Julian Bowden

CEO

AllWhites82
Marquee
FilledFilledFilledFilledEmpty
For post picture 6103

With the MPL hopefully about to restart with the next month or so, some teams with have a bit of new look to squads from Round 2, what with ISPS Handi players available including a few from the other two South Island Handi teams and players back from their colleges in the US.

Looks like most teams are back in the 'new look' training.

So with no Chatham Cup to play for, just the MPL and maybe the South Island Final(s) (and the English Cup for ChCh clubs) to fit in - with up seventeen weeks available one would assume MPL will be over two full rounds - 14 games.

Hopefully the mid weather continues as cannot afford to have any playing days lost due to cancellations.

BenchWarmer
WeeNix
FilledFilledEmptyEmptyEmpty
For post bench warmers

AllWhites82 wrote:

With the MPL hopefully about to restart with the next month or so, some teams with have a bit of new look to squads from Round 2, what with ISPS Handi players available including a few from the other two South Island Handi teams and players back from their colleges in the US.

Looks like most teams are back in the 'new look' training.

So with no Chatham Cup to play for, just the MPL and maybe the South Island Final(s) (and the English Cup for ChCh clubs) to fit in - with up seventeen weeks available one would assume MPL will be over two full rounds - 14 games.

Hopefully the mid weather continues as cannot afford to have any playing days lost due to cancellations.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see 3 rounds if that was the plan as there is likely to be some midweek games in MPL and CCL

Dinamo Chris
Phoenix Academy
FilledFilledEmptyEmptyEmpty
For post default

Couple of things, I thought I remembered seeing a message through all of this that English Cup was cancelled as well. Was around time that Chatham Cup announcement made. May be making up complete shark, mind is a but hazy with all this

Personally would love 3 rounds, and if it means midweek games- that'll be great. Only thing is how would Nelson work it? It's going to be hard enough for a weekend game now with potentially less flights to and from Nelson, and are they going to be more expensive? 

Delta
Trialist
FilledEmptyEmptyEmptyEmpty
For post default

AllWhites82 wrote:

With the MPL hopefully about to restart with the next month or so, some teams with have a bit of new look to squads from Round 2, what with ISPS Handi players available including a few from the other two South Island Handi teams and players back from their colleges in the US.

Looks like most teams are back in the 'new look' training.

So with no Chatham Cup to play for, just the MPL and maybe the South Island Final(s) (and the English Cup for ChCh clubs) to fit in - with up seventeen weeks available one would assume MPL will be over two full rounds - 14 games.

Hopefully the mid weather continues as cannot afford to have any playing days lost due to cancellations.


From what I have been told, a 3 round competition has been penciled in, finishing in October. That is all pending a meeting in the next day or 2. Pretty much the same draw as the start of the year with a few changes here and there. Also only a 2 round comp for the reserve league and rolling subs.....

VimFuego
Starting XI
FilledFilledFilledEmptyEmpty
For post picture 901

Dinamo Chris wrote:

Couple of things, I thought I remembered seeing a message through all of this that English Cup was cancelled as well. Was around time that Chatham Cup announcement made. May be making up complete shark, mind is a but hazy with all this

Personally would love 3 rounds, and if it means midweek games- that'll be great. Only thing is how would Nelson work it? It's going to be hard enough for a weekend game now with potentially less flights to and from Nelson, and are they going to be more expensive? 

I remember something that came from NZF about cancelling Chatham Cup and Women's Cup but don't think it included English Cup as that's a local decision. So don't think it is, however if they are jamming in mid-week and 3 rounds that might be harder to fit everything in. 

I let my guitar speak for me

VimFuego
Starting XI
FilledFilledFilledEmptyEmpty
For post picture 901

Premier League draw is updated and on Mainland's website. Although each game is placed at 2:45 on a Satdy, clubs have the ability to move these around to suit in order to assist with the Nelson flights and ground availability issues.

See ya'll in a week! 

I let my guitar speak for me

AllWhites82
Marquee
FilledFilledFilledFilledEmpty
For post picture 6103

VimFuego wrote:

Premier League draw is updated and on Mainland's website. Although each game is placed at 2:45 on a Satdy, clubs have the ability to move these around to suit in order to assist with the Nelson flights and ground availability issues.

See ya'll in a week! 

Vim is it still all go for the picking comp.

VimFuego
Starting XI
FilledFilledFilledEmptyEmpty
For post picture 901

AllWhites82 wrote:

VimFuego wrote:

Premier League draw is updated and on Mainland's website. Although each game is placed at 2:45 on a Satdy, clubs have the ability to move these around to suit in order to assist with the Nelson flights and ground availability issues.

See ya'll in a week! 

Vim is it still all go for the picking comp.

For sure! Not as good as sinking a quality Do Bro on the sideline but a very close second. 

I let my guitar speak for me

Steptoe
Phoenix Academy
FilledFilledEmptyEmptyEmpty
For post picture 6303

VimFuego wrote:

Premier League draw is updated and on Mainland's website. Although each game is placed at 2:45 on a Satdy, clubs have the ability to move these around to suit in order to assist with the Nelson flights and ground availability issues.

See ya'll in a week! 

Any ideas re the quota for away supporters in the 100-person limit?
VimFuego
Starting XI
FilledFilledFilledEmptyEmpty
For post picture 901

Steptoe wrote:

VimFuego wrote:

Premier League draw is updated and on Mainland's website. Although each game is placed at 2:45 on a Satdy, clubs have the ability to move these around to suit in order to assist with the Nelson flights and ground availability issues.

See ya'll in a week! 

Any ideas re the quota for away supporters in the 100-person limit?

Capital Football released something along the lines of "we aren't going to police it, we don't expect clubs to police it, and we want spectators to abide by the rules".   I haven't seen anything from Mainland but I don't think anyone will worry about it. The only games (apart from late Chatham Cup round games) that I have seen over 100 (bearing in mind I only watch one team) is Coastal vs Tech. 

I let my guitar speak for me

grasscutter
Trialist
FilledEmptyEmptyEmptyEmpty
For post default

FC lost to SAS today 2-0. FC should have scored 4 goals in the first half. The SAS new look GKs are hugely entertaining. You wait till you see this

Post New Reply

Please Login or Create an account to post a reply.