Sam Malcomson? Nooooo! Bring back Billy Harris!

patrick478
Moderator
Listen here Fudgeface
FilledFilledFilledFilledFilled
For post siggy hit2

Yellow Fever - Misery loves company

Oska
Marquee
FilledFilledFilledFilledEmpty
For post paul ifill o

Just subjected myself to the whole article. It's painfully bad. Misinformed, inconsistent and really poorly written, typos and all.

You know we belong together...

Leggy
tradition and history
FilledFilledFilledFilledEmpty
For post picture 1332

patrick478 wrote:

I'm sure that you know more about the game. Cleats.

If you are old and wise you were probably young and stupid

Tegal
Moderator
Head Sleuth
FilledFilledFilledFilledFilled
For post 6a831056 9031 45d7 8d6d 949589ae360d

82 all whites are never wrong.

82 all white constantly contradicts himself. 

Pointing this out creates a paradox that will destroy the space time continuum and be the end of all of existence. 

Well done Patrick, you jerk. 

Allegedly

Smithy
Moderator
Stage Punch
FilledFilledFilledFilledFilled
For post wewant7

Leggy wrote:

patrick478 wrote:

I'm sure that you know more about the game. Cleats.

 

I think you're implying here that people who have played at a high level should be listened to ahead of people who haven't.

This is a view that is fondly held by those who have played at a high level.

But it no excuse for stupidity. Dumb people can be and often are quite good footballers. That doesn't mean they have much of interest to say, or that what they say should be preferred ahead of intelligent analysis.

By way of analogy, we don't rely on builders' labourers to guide us in matters of construction engineering.

Incredible stamina. No shame. Yellow Fever.

martinb
Marquee
FilledFilledFilledFilledEmpty
For post default

Smithy wrote:

Leggy wrote:

patrick478 wrote:

I'm sure that you know more about the game. Cleats.

 

I think you're implying here that people who have played at a high level should be listened to ahead of people who haven't.

This is a view that is fondly held by those who have played at a high level.

But it no excuse for stupidity. Dumb people can be and often are quite good footballers. That doesn't mean they have much of interest to say, or that what they say should be preferred ahead of intelligent analysis.

By way of analogy, we don't rely on builders' labourers to guide us in matters of construction engineering.

nor lawyers to give us reason!

Edited by martinb May 22, 2015 00:11

pacy

ConanTroutman
Marquee
FilledFilledFilledFilledEmpty
For post kyuss study  3

www.goal.com/en/news/2377/top-10/2009/06/23/1338375/top-10-wrong-pele-predictions

People like Coldplay and voted for the Nazis. You can't trust people.

Jeff Vader
Cock
FilledFilledFilledFilledFilled
For post capture1

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/opinion/89714882/auck...

Seems someone got their wish. Billy must have obviously been let out of his asylum having read that article.

Grumpy old bastard alert

ConanTroutman
Marquee
FilledFilledFilledFilledEmpty
For post kyuss study  3

Jeff Vader wrote:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/opinion/89714882/auck...

Seems someone got their wish. Billy must have obviously been let out of his asylum having read that article.

Yep, had a big rant about it in the coaching thread. So, so much wrong there

People like Coldplay and voted for the Nazis. You can't trust people.

Hard News
Moderator
Early retirement
FilledFilledFilledFilledFilled
For post smexy f

Saw the author and:

sthn.jeff
Marquee
FilledFilledFilledFilledEmpty
For post brick wall

Where did they drag Harris up from?

Maybe Malcolmson has lost all his crayons

reg22
Starting XI
FilledFilledFilledEmptyEmpty
For post default

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I enjoyed this article by Billy

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/football/102153099/the-checklist-every-footballing-parent-needs-to-read

Post New Reply

Please Login or Create an account to post a reply.