Getting rid of Sky Sport 101

CanadianFan
Phoenix Academy
FilledFilledEmptyEmptyEmpty
For post flags

theprof wrote:

CanadianFan wrote:

Sancho wrote:

For those of us on Sky Sports Now would be intresting to hear your experience on A-league viewing. Last nights Adelaide vs Sydney FC game was good but West Sydney vs Mariners is completely unwatchable.

So many buffers for this game and I'm on fibre, VPN+Youtube works better. I've contacted Sky to see if they can give Sky Sports Now customers access to beinconnect as I want to see a difference. Tommorow is gonna suck if its like it is for this game. :(




We signed up for this in August and have had no issues until this past weekend. The games were totally unwatchable. The stream was constantly freezing. We ended up watching on a different stream with lower resolution. Have been in email contact with sky but they seem clueless as to what I'm even talking about. Not keen to keep paying $39 per month for this kind of mess.

so it happened once over a 6 month period and you're suggesting its a mess? I agree that the occurrence is annoying but once over 6 months is nothing unusual for any internet streaming service.

We are into the third day and the service is still not working. The other streaming services that we subscibe to will go down for a period of say ten minutes or so, but to miss three days of games is, indeed, a mess in my books.

theprof
Marquee
FilledFilledFilledFilledEmpty
For post wenger trophies

CanadianFan wrote:

theprof wrote:

CanadianFan wrote:

Sancho wrote:

For those of us on Sky Sports Now would be intresting to hear your experience on A-league viewing. Last nights Adelaide vs Sydney FC game was good but West Sydney vs Mariners is completely unwatchable.

So many buffers for this game and I'm on fibre, VPN+Youtube works better. I've contacted Sky to see if they can give Sky Sports Now customers access to beinconnect as I want to see a difference. Tommorow is gonna suck if its like it is for this game. :(




We signed up for this in August and have had no issues until this past weekend. The games were totally unwatchable. The stream was constantly freezing. We ended up watching on a different stream with lower resolution. Have been in email contact with sky but they seem clueless as to what I'm even talking about. Not keen to keep paying $39 per month for this kind of mess.

so it happened once over a 6 month period and you're suggesting its a mess? I agree that the occurrence is annoying but once over 6 months is nothing unusual for any internet streaming service.

We are into the third day and the service is still not working. The other streaming services that we subscibe to will go down for a period of say ten minutes or so, but to miss three days of games is, indeed, a mess in my books.

three days straight is a little different.....

Queenslander 3x a year.

CanadianFan
Phoenix Academy
FilledFilledEmptyEmptyEmpty
For post flags

theprof wrote:

CanadianFan wrote:

theprof wrote:

CanadianFan wrote:

Sancho wrote:

For those of us on Sky Sports Now would be intresting to hear your experience on A-league viewing. Last nights Adelaide vs Sydney FC game was good but West Sydney vs Mariners is completely unwatchable.

So many buffers for this game and I'm on fibre, VPN+Youtube works better. I've contacted Sky to see if they can give Sky Sports Now customers access to beinconnect as I want to see a difference. Tommorow is gonna suck if its like it is for this game. :(




We signed up for this in August and have had no issues until this past weekend. The games were totally unwatchable. The stream was constantly freezing. We ended up watching on a different stream with lower resolution. Have been in email contact with sky but they seem clueless as to what I'm even talking about. Not keen to keep paying $39 per month for this kind of mess.

so it happened once over a 6 month period and you're suggesting its a mess? I agree that the occurrence is annoying but once over 6 months is nothing unusual for any internet streaming service.

We are into the third day and the service is still not working. The other streaming services that we subscibe to will go down for a period of say ten minutes or so, but to miss three days of games is, indeed, a mess in my books.

three days straight is a little different.....



Yes, I realise that I should have specified that it was more than just the missed Nix game. It was from Saturday morning through till now. And the other streaming services are working fine, so the problem is definitely Sky. We tried on several computers and devices too. Not joy there either.
holeinone
First Team Squad
FilledFilledFilledEmptyEmpty
For post dsc00076

i talked to someone at sky yesterday they told me to delete the app from my ps4 and then reinstall it and that should fix the problem. tried it and it went fine for a little while then started buffering again, may go back to dodgy streams as after you get through the adverts the stream actually works for the whole game.

CanadianFan
Phoenix Academy
FilledFilledEmptyEmptyEmpty
For post flags

holeinone wrote:

i talked to someone at sky yesterday they told me to delete the app from my ps4 and then reinstall it and that should fix the problem. tried it and it went fine for a little while then started buffering again, may go back to dodgy streams as after you get through the adverts the stream actually works for the whole game.

We were ok for a while this evening but then the buffering started up again. Not good.

Sancho
WeeNix
FilledFilledEmptyEmptyEmpty
For post default

Bein Sport Connect finally has a login for Sky Sports Now so you can watch football on either Bein Sports Connect app or Sky Sports Now

holeinone
First Team Squad
FilledFilledFilledEmptyEmpty
For post dsc00076

skysportnow offering subscribers 3 months free neon, not going to take it up as i already have netflix

spark sport offering 3 months free to people already signed up with them not much point though as their is bugger all sport to watch.

Colvinator
Starting XI
FilledFilledFilledEmptyEmpty
For post picture 3553

holeinone wrote:

skysportnow offering subscribers 3 months free neon, not going to take it up as i already have netflix

spark sport offering 3 months free to people already signed up with them not much point though as their is bugger all sport to watch.

Still have my Sky Sport Now at this point, will check out what's on Neon. I assume it's different stuff than what Neflix has. 

theprof
Marquee
FilledFilledFilledFilledEmpty
For post wenger trophies

Colvinator wrote:

holeinone wrote:

skysportnow offering subscribers 3 months free neon, not going to take it up as i already have netflix

spark sport offering 3 months free to people already signed up with them not much point though as their is bugger all sport to watch.

Still have my Sky Sport Now at this point, will check out what's on Neon. I assume it's different stuff than what Neflix has. 

sky just sent me an email offer SOHO and the entertainment channels for 3 months.....

Queenslander 3x a year.

CanadianFan
Phoenix Academy
FilledFilledEmptyEmptyEmpty
For post flags

Colvinator wrote:

holeinone wrote:

skysportnow offering subscribers 3 months free neon, not going to take it up as i already have netflix

spark sport offering 3 months free to people already signed up with them not much point though as their is bugger all sport to watch.

Still have my Sky Sport Now at this point, will check out what's on Neon. I assume it's different stuff than what Neflix has. 



How does one get on to Neon if subscribed to Sky Sport Now? I tried signing in with my sky now username and password but no joy.  I'm so cluelss. Didn't see anything from sky now that mentioned Neon but could have missed it in this crazy week.
Usually would not be interested, but these are strange times so may actually watch Neon if we have access.
holeinone
First Team Squad
FilledFilledFilledEmptyEmpty
For post dsc00076

i think you have to register with neon and make a password, i got an email from sky sport now with a code to put in to get the 3 month offer if you did not get this email maybe contact sky sport now.

CanadianFan
Phoenix Academy
FilledFilledEmptyEmptyEmpty
For post flags

holeinone wrote:

i think you have to register with neon and make a password, i got an email from sky sport now with a code to put in to get the 3 month offer if you did not get this email maybe contact sky sport now.

I think I may have deleted it. I vaguely remember something like that. I'll check my trash and if not there anymore will contact sky sport now. thanks

CanadianFan
Phoenix Academy
FilledFilledEmptyEmptyEmpty
For post flags

holeinone wrote:

i think you have to register with neon and make a password, i got an email from sky sport now with a code to put in to get the 3 month offer if you did not get this email maybe contact sky sport now.

It was in my trash box. Sorted it now. Thanks.

InsulinMachine
Phoenix Academy
FilledFilledEmptyEmptyEmpty
For post football

Yup, getting rid of my $50 per month sky sport now pass. Only had for A-League so it's goodbye to that 4 a while

VimFuego
Starting XI
FilledFilledFilledEmptyEmpty
For post picture 901

I got given for "free" the entertainment package and Soho while Sky Sports has nothing and I tried to watch them for a few days but it is just horrendous. Sent them a message to cancel and they offered Movies for "free" however looking at that it's just as bad so my sport sub is now on hold until the end of June. 

I'd get rid of the whole thing if it wasn't for the sky box and its ease of use for the whanau. 

I only ever watch sport, and it's always online so would love sky sport now when it comes back. Has anyone had both skygo and sky sport now? Skygo is a dud so interested if the Now platform is any better.

I let my guitar speak for me

theprof
Marquee
FilledFilledFilledFilledEmpty
For post wenger trophies
honestly in these times threatening to leave a company like sky that sponsors our football team and brings the league to our lounges seems like cutting your nose off.

It's not skys fault that there is no live sport - the sporting channels are loaded with great replays and highlights. All of which sly has paid for which is funded by our subscriptions. If we all bail on them now then we will be the big losers when they pull their sponsorship of the club and eventually can't afford to bring us the a-league either.

Queenslander 3x a year.

aitkenmike
Marquee
FilledFilledFilledFilledEmpty
For post picture 1277

VimFuego wrote:

I got given for "free" the entertainment package and Soho while Sky Sports has nothing and I tried to watch them for a few days but it is just horrendous. Sent them a message to cancel and they offered Movies for "free" however looking at that it's just as bad so my sport sub is now on hold until the end of June. 

I'd get rid of the whole thing if it wasn't for the sky box and its ease of use for the whanau. 

I only ever watch sport, and it's always online so would love sky sport now when it comes back. Has anyone had both skygo and sky sport now? Skygo is a dud so interested if the Now platform is any better.

Made the change to get rid of the box at the beginning of Feb and signed up for Sky Sport Now and got Chromecast Ultra.  For the brief time I had some sport to watch it was great.  Occasionally watching cricket the fast moving ball seemed hard to track when broadcasting to the TV, but was crystal clear on desktop and phone.  Not sure why the difference, but was slightly annoying.

Big Pete 65
Starting XI
FilledFilledFilledEmptyEmpty
For post sumner

VimFuego wrote:

I got given for "free" the entertainment package and Soho while Sky Sports has nothing and I tried to watch them for a few days but it is just horrendous. Sent them a message to cancel and they offered Movies for "free" however looking at that it's just as bad so my sport sub is now on hold until the end of June. 

I'd get rid of the whole thing if it wasn't for the sky box and its ease of use for the whanau. 

I only ever watch sport, and it's always online so would love sky sport now when it comes back. Has anyone had both skygo and sky sport now? Skygo is a dud so interested if the Now platform is any better.

I'm getting the entertainment package free currently and am enjoying UK.TV for British comedies and "Would I Lie to You?", "Who Do You Think You Are?" etc.

"The Daily Show" is still broadcasting from Trevor Noah's apartment in New York.

Likewise with John Oliver's "Last Week Tonight" on Soho.

Robin Williams' life story doco was very good on Soho last week and the new Agatha Christie with Rufus Sewell.

Plus "The Plot Against America" series adaptation of the Philip Roth novel on Soho.

"Curb Your Enthusiasm" new series has just finished but they're sure to repeat the whole thing over a weekend soon. 

I enjoy much on the History Channel and BBC Earth, plus news channels like BBC World...

There's not much good stuff on the entertainment  channels but if you search, always something worth watching .... 

I've noticed that Sky Movies have changed their schedule and are not debuting as many new films (probably to cut costs).

They're repeating more previous movies than usual.

Vintage Movies and Classic Movies have some good stuff though.

And Rialto Channel,  which has many good films, is half price for three mnoths if you subscribe this month.

Big Pete 65, Christchurch

Feverish
Legend
FilledFilledFilledFilledFilled
For post picture 6

axed sky sport as not interested in replays. Entertainment and soho I can live without.

Founder

Turfmoore
Starting XI
FilledFilledFilledEmptyEmpty
For post lil

Got rid of the Sky box a wee while back and am using Sky Sport Now (viewed via App on TV or thru Apple TV). However based on last night's game should be called "Sky Sport Now and Then". I had frequent buffering / freeze issues and quality well short of what I have experienced with Spark Sport.

 I've got a pretty good internet connection (tested at 200Mbs during the game - the max speed on my plan). So that shouldn't be the issue.

Are others having similar issues? 

Any remedies?

I know, I know, its serious!

Post New Reply

Please Login or Create an account to post a reply.