Large kwblarge

Jeremy Brockie (Mamelodi Sundowns FC | South Africa)

Yohan
Trialist
FilledEmptyEmptyEmptyEmpty
For post default

Hello from Canada.

Looks like Ryan Nelsen poached your star player Jeremy Brockie who is now on loan at Toronto FC. 

I don't follow A League too closely, so can you guys give your thoughts on this guy? Cheers

james dean
Marquee
FilledFilledFilledFilledEmpty
For post normo

Had a good year goal scoring, probably surprised many as he hasn't been a consistent scorer in the league previously.  Brilliant natural talent who can score some spectacular goals, however goes missing for long times in matches and can sometimes look a bit lost tactically as a striker (runs aren't that great).  I've always thought he really needed some good coaching - it really could go either way with him.  I'd definitely be gutted if he left us though, I think he's got loads to offer.    

Normo's coming home

Jeff Vader
Cock
FilledFilledFilledFilledFilled
For post capture1

Big call. Good luck to him.

Grumpy old bastard alert

PlayWithFire
'The Scoop'
FilledFilledFilledFilledEmpty
For post screen shot 2012 12 09 at 10.22.48 pm
RR
Bossi Insider
FilledFilledFilledFilledFilled
For post a49a55578dbc3545891a3968b88a82c3

Wonder if he knows about it, as he was getting a tattoo of his new babies name on his arm yesterday.

paulm
Legend
FilledFilledFilledFilledFilled
For post screenhunter 20 dec. 05 18.55

Do the A-League and MLS seasons overlap?


If yes, what does this mean?

hepatitis
Starting XI
FilledFilledFilledEmptyEmpty
For post nix 1

 Finishes Oct 26, when does A League start?

Good move for him if it comes off

Yohan
Trialist
FilledEmptyEmptyEmptyEmpty
For post default

Wonder if he knows about it, as he was getting a tattoo of his new babies name on his arm yesterday.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/toronto-fc-to-add-caldwell-and-brockie/
rjmiller
First Team Squad
FilledFilledFilledEmptyEmpty
For post default

paulm wrote:

Do the A-League and MLS seasons overlap?


If yes, what does this mean?

Not by much. October is a clash. Pretty sure he will be back before then.
Yohan
Trialist
FilledEmptyEmptyEmptyEmpty
For post default

paulm wrote:

Do the A-League and MLS seasons overlap?


If yes, what does this mean?

I'd assume it's basically an extended trial for Brockie till about end of June, when European contracts expire. At that time Brockie will either have proven enough to keep around, in which case Wellington will collect a bit of transfer fee. Most MLS loan deals usually have a buy clause built into it. Or, Brockie will be released back to Wellington if he's not good enough.
PlayWithFire
'The Scoop'
FilledFilledFilledFilledEmpty
For post screen shot 2012 12 09 at 10.22.48 pm

Wonder if he knows about it, as he was getting a tattoo of his new babies name on his arm yesterday.

Could have pushed forward the tat so he can leave? But wouldnt surprise me if he hadnt been even told of the move


rjmiller
First Team Squad
FilledFilledFilledEmptyEmpty
For post default

Yohan wrote:

paulm wrote:

Do the A-League and MLS seasons overlap?


If yes, what does this mean?

I'd assume it's basically an extended trial for Brockie till about end of June, when European contracts expire. At that time Brockie will either have proven enough to keep around, in which case Wellington will collect a bit of transfer fee. Most MLS loan deals usually have a buy clause built into it. Or, Brockie will be released back to Wellington if he's not good enough.
Or alternatively it is just a loan until the end of August/September.
Yohan
Trialist
FilledEmptyEmptyEmptyEmpty
For post default

rjmiller wrote:

Yohan wrote:

paulm wrote:

Do the A-League and MLS seasons overlap?


If yes, what does this mean?

I'd assume it's basically an extended trial for Brockie till about end of June, when European contracts expire. At that time Brockie will either have proven enough to keep around, in which case Wellington will collect a bit of transfer fee. Most MLS loan deals usually have a buy clause built into it. Or, Brockie will be released back to Wellington if he's not good enough.
Or alternatively it is just a loan until the end of August/September.

I doubt that.
Nelsen and Kevin Payne, the general manager of Toronto FC is doing an overhaul of the roster, and there are a lot of loans that supposedly will expire end of June. Any of the loanees have until then to impress, or they will be released and their spot be taken up by one of European players whose contract just expired at end of June. (well, likely European players. Toronto is also looking into Central and South America for players)
Yohan
Trialist
FilledEmptyEmptyEmptyEmpty
For post default

playwithFire wrote:

Wonder if he knows about it, as he was getting a tattoo of his new babies name on his arm yesterday.

Could have pushed forward the tat so he can leave? But wouldnt surprise me if he hadnt been even told of the move
I can see this too. Prove himself in MLS for few years, try to get to Europe before he turns 28?
rjmiller
First Team Squad
FilledFilledFilledEmptyEmpty
For post default

Yohan wrote:

rjmiller wrote:

Yohan wrote:

paulm wrote:

Do the A-League and MLS seasons overlap?


If yes, what does this mean?

I'd assume it's basically an extended trial for Brockie till about end of June, when European contracts expire. At that time Brockie will either have proven enough to keep around, in which case Wellington will collect a bit of transfer fee. Most MLS loan deals usually have a buy clause built into it. Or, Brockie will be released back to Wellington if he's not good enough.
Or alternatively it is just a loan until the end of August/September.

I doubt that.
Nelsen and Kevin Payne, the general manager of Toronto FC is doing an overhaul of the roster, and there are a lot of loans that supposedly will expire end of June. Any of the loanees have until then to impress, or they will be released and their spot be taken up by one of European players whose contract just expired at end of June. (well, likely European players. Toronto is also looking into Central and South America for players)
The bit I was skeptical about was the buy clause. Even if he does well I doubt he will be sold.
PlayWithFire
'The Scoop'
FilledFilledFilledFilledEmpty
For post screen shot 2012 12 09 at 10.22.48 pm

He's still got 2 years on his contract so I'd love it if he was sold off haha.


How common is it for MLS sides to buy a player though? I thought it was about the same as A-League - ie rare


theprof
Marquee
FilledFilledFilledFilledEmpty
For post wenger trophies

pretty sure this loan is just to keep him playing for long off season, Toronto need a goal scorer, he's available and wanting to play - it's a win-win. It would be pretty stupid if we sold him after being our best goal scorer.

Queenslander 3x a year.

rjmiller
First Team Squad
FilledFilledFilledEmptyEmpty
For post default

theprof wrote:

pretty sure this loan is just to keep him playing for long off season, Toronto need a goal scorer, he's available and wanting to play - it's a win-win. It would be pretty stupid if we sold him after being our best goal scorer.

Especially doing so 1-2 weeks before a new coach was appointed.
PlayWithFire
'The Scoop'
FilledFilledFilledFilledEmpty
For post screen shot 2012 12 09 at 10.22.48 pm
james dean
Marquee
FilledFilledFilledFilledEmpty
For post normo

rjmiller wrote:

Yohan wrote:

rjmiller wrote:

Yohan wrote:

paulm wrote:

Do the A-League and MLS seasons overlap?


If yes, what does this mean?

I'd assume it's basically an extended trial for Brockie till about end of June, when European contracts expire. At that time Brockie will either have proven enough to keep around, in which case Wellington will collect a bit of transfer fee. Most MLS loan deals usually have a buy clause built into it. Or, Brockie will be released back to Wellington if he's not good enough.
Or alternatively it is just a loan until the end of August/September.

I doubt that.
Nelsen and Kevin Payne, the general manager of Toronto FC is doing an overhaul of the roster, and there are a lot of loans that supposedly will expire end of June. Any of the loanees have until then to impress, or they will be released and their spot be taken up by one of European players whose contract just expired at end of June. (well, likely European players. Toronto is also looking into Central and South America for players)
The bit I was skeptical about was the buy clause. Even if he does well I doubt he will be sold.

Why would we be sending him otherwise?  Literally the only thing that could happen is he gets injured

Normo's coming home

Post New Reply

Please Login or Create an account to post a reply.