Large kwblarge

Westfield Matildas

coochiee
Starting XI
FilledFilledFilledEmptyEmpty
For post aonc cover

With all that's going on, plus the fact the Socceroos are busy at the Asian Cup, Australia's finest women footballers are probably worthy of their own thread.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/football/world-game/...

Furthermore of course they are shortly hosting the FFs plus 2 other sides for a tourney.

coochiee
Starting XI
FilledFilledFilledEmptyEmpty
For post aonc cover

RR wrote:

[quote=RR]

Gallop doing a press conference at 7pm, better grab the popcorn

I for one am shocked, utterly shocked, that David Gallop and FFA held a press conference that told us absolutely nothing. #Matildas

— Neil Sherwin (@neilsherwin) January 21, 2019

coochiee
Starting XI
FilledFilledFilledEmptyEmpty
For post aonc cover

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/football/world-game/...

A few insight into some of the different challenges that being a male, and coaching a female football team would have.

Managing a side with couples in it, wouldn't always be easy. Imagine if you have to drop one, say coming into a World Cup - could make dealing with pushy parents seem like pussy cats.

Anyway FFA have handled Stajcic's sacking extremely poorly.

coochiee
Starting XI
FilledFilledFilledEmptyEmpty
For post aonc cover
Global Game
Marquee
FilledFilledFilledFilledEmpty
For post screen shot 2019 03 17 at 11.36.45 am

2019 Women’s World Cup.

Sam Kerr has the Matildas 1-0 up at half time v Italy. She did the Tim Cahill box the corner flag goal celebration. 

Kotahitanga. We are one.

Lonegunmen
Legend
FilledFilledFilledFilledFilled
For post reacher

2-1 Italy FT

164 games  164 games

2ndBest
Moderator
Appiah without the pace
FilledFilledFilledFilledFilled
For post 1620805 10152445803254239 1114551251 n

Enjoyable. 

el grapadura
Moderator
Woof Woof
FilledFilledFilledFilledFilled
For post picture 1609

2ndBest wrote:

Enjoyable. 

Especially the loltastic winning goal in injury time.

newzealandpower
Starting XI
FilledFilledFilledEmptyEmpty
For post picture 919

That brought back memories of 2006 I have to say

VUW AFC - Victoria University Football for life

Ranix
Phoenix Academy
FilledFilledEmptyEmptyEmpty
For post default

Mike Tukerman from The Roar, reflects on FFA following the Matilda's overnight defeat to Italy.

Yet when it comes to making the right decision, the FFA gets it wrong every single time.

A stoppage-time defeat to a crafty Italy wouldn’t feel like such a disaster if only it didn’t come on the back of the game shooting itself in the foot every step of the way.

But that’s the kind of football nation Australia is fast becoming.

When it comes to national traits, we’re the Basil Fawlty of the world game.


Similar thing could have been said about NZF lately but at least they seem to be getting there house in order finally.

Lonegunmen
Legend
FilledFilledFilledFilledFilled
For post reacher

Every Matilda loss could see Gallop out on his ear according to another thread.

164 games  164 games

La9000
Trialist
FilledEmptyEmptyEmptyEmpty
For post 20181215 191908

Not related to Australia but I didn’t see another Women’s World Cup related thread,

How can women’s football expected to be taken more seriously if games are halted because of rain (Sweden v Chile),

I’ve seen the footage, yes it was torrential, like imagine your shower on full blast, but come on, 17 mins to go just play out the match. Modern pitches have draining so it’s not like puddles where going to form.

Unpopular opinion maybe and everyone’s hypersensitive today but come on it’s a bit ridiculous  

And who doesn’t love playing football in the rain? *shrugs*

Chelsea FC - Glasgow Rangers - Wellington Phoenix - Canterbury Dragons

Aspiring football coach:

Nomads United u14B 2016

Watch this space. 

Sanday
Starting XI
FilledFilledFilledEmptyEmpty
For post picture 316

La9000 wrote:

Not related to Australia but I didn’t see another Women’s World Cup related thread,

How can women’s football expected to be taken more seriously if games are halted because of rain (Sweden v Chile),

I’ve seen the footage, yes it was torrential, like imagine your shower on full blast, but come on, 17 mins to go just play out the match. Modern pitches have draining so it’s not like puddles where going to form.

Unpopular opinion maybe and everyone’s hypersensitive today but come on it’s a bit ridiculous  

And who doesn’t love playing football in the rain? *shrugs*

From what i have read the threat was from lightning.Hence the delay.

Yakcall
Moderator
Starting XI
FilledFilledFilledEmptyEmpty
For post elite

Sanday wrote:

La9000 wrote:

Not related to Australia but I didn’t see another Women’s World Cup related thread,

How can women’s football expected to be taken more seriously if games are halted because of rain (Sweden v Chile),

I’ve seen the footage, yes it was torrential, like imagine your shower on full blast, but come on, 17 mins to go just play out the match. Modern pitches have draining so it’s not like puddles where going to form.

Unpopular opinion maybe and everyone’s hypersensitive today but come on it’s a bit ridiculous  

And who doesn’t love playing football in the rain? *shrugs*

From what i have read the threat was from lightning.Hence the delay.

This, they didn't stop because of some rain. They stopped because the danger of lightning.

I'm an optimistic pessimist. 

I'm positive things will go wrong.

La9000
Trialist
FilledEmptyEmptyEmptyEmpty
For post 20181215 191908

Sanday wrote:

La9000 wrote:

Not related to Australia but I didn’t see another Women’s World Cup related thread,

How can women’s football expected to be taken more seriously if games are halted because of rain (Sweden v Chile),

I’ve seen the footage, yes it was torrential, like imagine your shower on full blast, but come on, 17 mins to go just play out the match. Modern pitches have draining so it’s not like puddles where going to form.

Unpopular opinion maybe and everyone’s hypersensitive today but come on it’s a bit ridiculous  

And who doesn’t love playing football in the rain? *shrugs*

From what i have read the threat was from lightning.Hence the delay.

That’s a bit more understandable. The article and footage I saw only mentioned “torrential rain”. 

Chelsea FC - Glasgow Rangers - Wellington Phoenix - Canterbury Dragons

Aspiring football coach:

Nomads United u14B 2016

Watch this space. 

The JourneyFan
Starting XI
FilledFilledFilledEmptyEmpty
For post img 1193

La9000 wrote:

Sanday wrote:

La9000 wrote:

Not related to Australia but I didn’t see another Women’s World Cup related thread,

How can women’s football expected to be taken more seriously if games are halted because of rain (Sweden v Chile),

I’ve seen the footage, yes it was torrential, like imagine your shower on full blast, but come on, 17 mins to go just play out the match. Modern pitches have draining so it’s not like puddles where going to form.

Unpopular opinion maybe and everyone’s hypersensitive today but come on it’s a bit ridiculous  

And who doesn’t love playing football in the rain? *shrugs*

From what i have read the threat was from lightning.Hence the delay.

That’s a bit more understandable. The article and footage I saw only mentioned “torrential rain”. 

last game I remember being stopped for Torrential Rain was Brisbane v Phoenix, how can the A-League get taken seriously if they do things like that?

http://thejourneyfan.blogspot.co.nz/

New Zealand Football Media Association Website of the year 2015 & 2016

La9000
Trialist
FilledEmptyEmptyEmptyEmpty
For post 20181215 191908

La9000 wrote:

Sanday wrote:

La9000 wrote:

Not related to Australia but I didn’t see another Women’s World Cup related thread,

How can women’s football expected to be taken more seriously if games are halted because of rain (Sweden v Chile),

I’ve seen the footage, yes it was torrential, like imagine your shower on full blast, but come on, 17 mins to go just play out the match. Modern pitches have draining so it’s not like puddles where going to form.

Unpopular opinion maybe and everyone’s hypersensitive today but come on it’s a bit ridiculous  

And who doesn’t love playing football in the rain? *shrugs*

From what i have read the threat was from lightning.Hence the delay.

That’s a bit more understandable. The article and footage I saw only mentioned “torrential rain”. 

last game I remember being stopped for Torrential Rain was Brisbane v Phoenix, how can the A-League get taken seriously if they do things like that?

Really? That’s soft. 

Chelsea FC - Glasgow Rangers - Wellington Phoenix - Canterbury Dragons

Aspiring football coach:

Nomads United u14B 2016

Watch this space. 

el grapadura
Moderator
Woof Woof
FilledFilledFilledFilledFilled
For post picture 1609

La9000 wrote:

La9000 wrote:

Sanday wrote:

La9000 wrote:

Not related to Australia but I didn’t see another Women’s World Cup related thread,

How can women’s football expected to be taken more seriously if games are halted because of rain (Sweden v Chile),

I’ve seen the footage, yes it was torrential, like imagine your shower on full blast, but come on, 17 mins to go just play out the match. Modern pitches have draining so it’s not like puddles where going to form.

Unpopular opinion maybe and everyone’s hypersensitive today but come on it’s a bit ridiculous  

And who doesn’t love playing football in the rain? *shrugs*

From what i have read the threat was from lightning.Hence the delay.

That’s a bit more understandable. The article and footage I saw only mentioned “torrential rain”. 

last game I remember being stopped for Torrential Rain was Brisbane v Phoenix, how can the A-League get taken seriously if they do things like that?

Really? That’s soft. 

It's not soft. The referee has to determine if the playing surface is, in fact, playable, and whether it poses a risk to the players. Such determination, entirely appropriately, is at the discretion of the referee.

Coincidentally, this applies to other outside factors potentially affecting the game. It's about ensuring fair playing conditions which do not endanger the safety of the players and officials.

La9000
Trialist
FilledEmptyEmptyEmptyEmpty
For post 20181215 191908

el grapadura wrote:

La9000 wrote:

La9000 wrote:

Sanday wrote:

La9000 wrote:

Not related to Australia but I didn’t see another Women’s World Cup related thread,

How can women’s football expected to be taken more seriously if games are halted because of rain (Sweden v Chile),

I’ve seen the footage, yes it was torrential, like imagine your shower on full blast, but come on, 17 mins to go just play out the match. Modern pitches have draining so it’s not like puddles where going to form.

Unpopular opinion maybe and everyone’s hypersensitive today but come on it’s a bit ridiculous  

And who doesn’t love playing football in the rain? *shrugs*

From what i have read the threat was from lightning.Hence the delay.

That’s a bit more understandable. The article and footage I saw only mentioned “torrential rain”. 

last game I remember being stopped for Torrential Rain was Brisbane v Phoenix, how can the A-League get taken seriously if they do things like that?

Really? That’s soft. 

It's not soft. The referee has to determine if the playing surface is, in fact, playable, and whether it poses a risk to the players. Such determination, entirely appropriately, is at the discretion of the referee.

Coincidentally, this applies to other outside factors potentially affecting the game. It's about ensuring fair playing conditions which do not endanger the safety of the players and officials.

You’re right. 

I’d say if the pitch is flooding that’s a problem, if it’s heavy rain I’m still going to disagree, as you say though it’s at the referees discretion and that’s not a problem. My bias is love of playing in rain and seeing out a game. I admire that our guys in the A League can play in intense heat. 

Let’s swing this back to the Women’s World Cup I was admittedly having a moan about a game being halted. 

Chelsea FC - Glasgow Rangers - Wellington Phoenix - Canterbury Dragons

Aspiring football coach:

Nomads United u14B 2016

Watch this space. 

Blew.2
Marquee
FilledFilledFilledFilledEmpty
For post nix

Matidas Beat Brazil to stay in with a HOPE

All coaches say “a 2-0 scoreline in dangerous”…well Brazil proved that.

The Matildas showed that fighting spirit which was seemingly missing from the Italy clash to come from 2-0 down in the 38th minute to be 3-2 up by 66th minute. 

It's that never say die attitude that is embedded in Australia's sporting culture that no matter what is happening, they will never give up and keep trying to get that result.  ( This line sounds straight from the Gallop quote book)

  Supporter For Ever - Keep The Faith - Foundation Member - Never Lets FAX Get In The Way Of A Good Yarn

                                                      

Post New Reply

Please Login or Create an account to post a reply.