Large kwblarge

Fever Tech Team Outreach (Whine Here)

Sancho
Phoenix Academy
FilledFilledEmptyEmptyEmpty
For post default

Any chance you can add Tapatalk support to this forum by registering it on Tapatalk? It means you don't need to maintain an app for the forum as Tapatalk will do that and would keep us smartphone users happy

patrick478
Moderator
Assistant to the senior Intern
FilledFilledFilledFilledFilled
For post siggy hit2

Sancho wrote:

Any chance you can add Tapatalk support to this forum by registering it on Tapatalk? It means you don't need to maintain an app for the forum as Tapatalk will do that and would keep us smartphone users happy

Will look into this - but given that the forums are run on entirely custom software and not a ready-made forum package, there will like be a decent amount of dev work required to add Taptatalk support.

Yellow Fever - Misery loves company

Sancho
Phoenix Academy
FilledFilledEmptyEmptyEmpty
For post default

patrick478 wrote:

Sancho wrote:

Any chance you can add Tapatalk support to this forum by registering it on Tapatalk? It means you don't need to maintain an app for the forum as Tapatalk will do that and would keep us smartphone users happy

Will look into this - but given that the forums are run on entirely custom software and not a ready-made forum package, there will like be a decent amount of dev work required to add Taptatalk support.

I've also heard some annoying things with tapatalk for tablets and integration, so I'm not absolutely pro it (though I should change my sig). Just trying to figure an easier way for mobile devices but it may end up being more work than doing a mobile web version of the forum. 

VimFuego
Starting XI
FilledFilledFilledEmptyEmpty
For post picture 901

Would love to have the app back, I still use it on my old iPad and it is so much easier than the iPhone. I find I have to zoom right in and then scroll left and right to read a post. 

Also, it seems every forum page I read, when I click on the last page, it takes me to the last empty page. It used to only happen to a few pages, but now they all seem to be stuck with the same error... 

Any fixes would be great. 

Still love the forum tho, muchos love to you all for continuing to run this. 

I let my guitar speak for me

Hard News
Moderator
Early retirement
FilledFilledFilledFilledFilled
For post smexy f

The page thing is related to deleted/hidden posts. If we had less shark cods it would happen less.

VimFuego
Starting XI
FilledFilledFilledEmptyEmpty
For post picture 901

Yer, I remember someone saying that the last time I asked about it. 

The issue is, when more pages get longer and longer, it increases the chances of it happening to all the pages you visit... 

I let my guitar speak for me

Feverish
Legend
FilledFilledFilledFilledFilled
For post picture 6

Hard News wrote:

The page thing is related to deleted/hidden posts. If we had less shark cods it would happen less.

I'm sure the technology exists to rid us of this bug??

Founder

Hard News
Moderator
Early retirement
FilledFilledFilledFilledFilled
For post smexy f

It may but resourcing is an issue. Patrick is snowed and Nik is sitting on a beach in Corfu getting hammered with Mrs Nik.

hazhapard
Phoenix Academy
FilledFilledEmptyEmptyEmpty
For post kevin keegan kevin oleary

Hard News wrote:

It may but resourcing is an issue. Patrick is snowed and Nik is sitting on a beach in Corfu getting hammered with Mrs Nik.

I'd like to have a go (both at updating the iOS App, and resolving the website issue with correct links to new posts).

"In football everything is complicated by the presence of the opposite team" Jean-Paul Sartre

detoxin
Starting XI
FilledFilledFilledEmptyEmpty
For post picture 6788

Is it hard to make this site have a mobile mode aswell ?

Calling all fans in Japan, come down and support the mighty nix in Osaka

http://www.facebook.com/WellingtonPhoenixClubMembersSupportersGroupOsaka

hazhapard
Phoenix Academy
FilledFilledEmptyEmptyEmpty
For post kevin keegan kevin oleary

There's a bit of a workaround for the page thing. This link (to what is currently the last post in the New Merch thread):

"www.yellowfever.co.nz/categories/wellington-phoenix-discussion/topics/new-merch-preorder-your-scarf-now?page=4#post_1294423"

for example, takes you to a blank page with links to the 3 pages of the "New merch" topic, but looking at the parameters in the link, it is trying to point to a non-existent page 4. If you click on the link to page 3, it loads to the top of page 3. But, if you edit the link to point to page 3:

"www.yellowfever.co.nz/categories/wellington-phoenix-discussion/topics/new-merch-preorder-your-scarf-now?page=3#post_1294423"

and submit that link, it takes you to the right post! (If it doesn't, try subtracting another 1 from the page.) Sometimes, a link will take you to the top of a page with a few entries, but not as many as you were expecting - in these cases edit the link by subtracting 1 from the page parameter.

"In football everything is complicated by the presence of the opposite team" Jean-Paul Sartre

Lonegunmen
Legend
FilledFilledFilledFilledFilled
For post reacher

Can all these new song threads be moved into the "Chants" thread?

164 games  164 games

liberty_nz
Budgie lover
FilledFilledFilledEmptyEmpty
For post king mo

What are you on about?

Lonegunmen
Legend
FilledFilledFilledFilledFilled
For post reacher

there is a specific thread for any proposed chants or songs. Each one doesn't get it's own thread.

164 games  164 games

Post New Reply

Please Login or Create an account to post a reply.