Manchester United

Martial
Phoenix Academy
FilledFilledEmptyEmptyEmpty
For post images

Back to a 3-4-1-2 tonight with Rashford and James up top. Big opportunity this for Lingard to start turning his season, and possibly United career around. Excited to see Williams start again in place of Young. Think we can give Chelsea a really good go tonight, let's have it!

20 Legend
First Team Squad
FilledFilledFilledEmptyEmpty
For post ole

Am I blind or is this game not on Sky? So there's no legal way to watch it?

Sky Sport strikes again!

Leggy
tradition and history
FilledFilledFilledFilledEmpty
For post picture 1332

20 Legend wrote:

Am I blind or is this game not on Sky? So there's no legal way to watch it?

Sky Sport strikes again!

Bein Sports in Oz.

If you are old and wise you were probably young and stupid

Nelfoos
Fever Funder First Team Squad
FilledFilledFilledEmptyEmpty
For post iffy 2

Leggy wrote:

20 Legend wrote:

Am I blind or is this game not on Sky? So there's no legal way to watch it?

Sky Sport strikes again!

Bein Sports in Oz.

Can log in using SkyGo as well

Valley FC til I die

Nelfoos
Fever Funder First Team Squad
FilledFilledFilledEmptyEmpty
For post iffy 2

Have to say, given the XIs both sides are playing I'd be disappointed not to win here.

Excited to see more from Williams.

Valley FC til I die

Nelfoos
Fever Funder First Team Squad
FilledFilledFilledEmptyEmpty
For post iffy 2

What a stupid challenge from Alonso. Nice to convert a pen.

Valley FC til I die

Nelfoos
Fever Funder First Team Squad
FilledFilledFilledEmptyEmpty
For post iffy 2

That is some free kick

https://streamable.com/l1cz8

Valley FC til I die

YoungHeart
First Team Squad
FilledFilledFilledEmptyEmpty
For post tenor  2

Rashford getting his groove back. Great to see a smile on the faces of the players again too, even if it is only the Carabao Cup, Chelsea at Stamford Bridge ain't no mugs.

3 away wins on the bounce, and a bit more confidence ahead of the trip to Bournemouth this weekend.

Martial
Phoenix Academy
FilledFilledEmptyEmptyEmpty
For post images

Already being talked about as goal of the season. The flight of the ball reminds me of Ronaldo v Portsmouth 2008. Probably not quite as good but absolutely special nonetheless from Rashford.

Leggy
tradition and history
FilledFilledFilledFilledEmpty
For post picture 1332

Certainly can't complain about the result, but the passing is woeful, and the possession poor. 

We still need a few more quality players as some of ours are just are not good enough. Chelsea were not fantastic but we definitely  need to improve.

If you are old and wise you were probably young and stupid

20 Legend
First Team Squad
FilledFilledFilledEmptyEmpty
For post ole

Honestly I think AWB is the signing of the season. Okay, his attacking output isn't perfect but he's made clear strides in that area. Otherwise he's one, if not the, best defensive player in the league. Has he made a mistake this season?

Nelfoos
Fever Funder First Team Squad
FilledFilledFilledEmptyEmpty
For post iffy 2

20 Legend wrote:

Honestly I think AWB is the signing of the season. Okay, his attacking output isn't perfect but he's make clear strides in that area. Otherwise he's one, if not the, best defensive player in the league. Has he made a mistake this season?

Missed a tackle and got a yellow vs Norwich!

But I was still never concerned about a 2nd yellow, and I don't think there's many other players I'd say that for with the tackles he was making - not many modern players with that level of accuracy going off their feet to make tackles. 

Valley FC til I die

Martial
Phoenix Academy
FilledFilledEmptyEmptyEmpty
For post images

Just now:

Oxford United v Man City 

Man Utd v Colchester United 

Aston Villa v Liverpool 

Everton v Leicester

Best possible draw for United.

YoungHeart
First Team Squad
FilledFilledFilledEmptyEmpty
For post tenor  2

Martial wrote:

Just now:

Oxford United v Man City 

Man Utd v Colchester United 

Aston Villa v Liverpool 

Everton v Leicester

Best possible draw for United.

Manchester and Merseyside derbies for the semi's. You heard it here first! 

Martial
Phoenix Academy
FilledFilledEmptyEmptyEmpty
For post images

Nelfoos wrote:

20 Legend wrote:

Honestly I think AWB is the signing of the season. Okay, his attacking output isn't perfect but he's make clear strides in that area. Otherwise he's one, if not the, best defensive player in the league. Has he made a mistake this season?

Missed a tackle and got a yellow vs Norwich!

But I was still never concerned about a 2nd yellow, and I don't think there's many other players I'd say that for with the tackles he was making - not many modern players with that level of accuracy going off their feet to make tackles. 

Saw a good stat yesterday; AWB has made 10+ tackles in a single match twice already this season, the last United player to make 10+ tackles in a match was Patrice Evra in 2012. 

20 Legend
First Team Squad
FilledFilledFilledEmptyEmpty
For post ole

Martial wrote:

Nelfoos wrote:

20 Legend wrote:

Honestly I think AWB is the signing of the season. Okay, his attacking output isn't perfect but he's make clear strides in that area. Otherwise he's one, if not the, best defensive player in the league. Has he made a mistake this season?

Missed a tackle and got a yellow vs Norwich!

But I was still never concerned about a 2nd yellow, and I don't think there's many other players I'd say that for with the tackles he was making - not many modern players with that level of accuracy going off their feet to make tackles. 

Saw a good stat yesterday; AWB has made 10+ tackles in a single match twice already this season, the last United player to make 10+ tackles in a match was Patrice Evra in 2012. 

That's a very interesting stat. I wonder how it compares to players outside of United.

YoungHeart
First Team Squad
FilledFilledFilledEmptyEmpty
For post tenor  2

Started brightly at Bournemouth but it's just meandered off into almost nothing after that first 10-15 minutes. Doing absolutely nothing in possession from that point, it's all just a bit slow motion, it's flat, it's just not United... Conditions are right sharke, but I'm getting the same feeling from when we went to West Ham earlier in the season - Sucker punched with a goal from nowhere right on H/T and then struggling to get anything going in the final third. 

C'mon United!

20 Legend
First Team Squad
FilledFilledFilledEmptyEmpty
For post ole

I cursed AWB, sorry.

Also, not an excuse for losing but, another terrible refereeing performance. The "highlight" was at one point Rashford was fouled and received treatment, the defender was given a yellow, and the referee still made Rashford leave the pitch.

As for us, every week we learn another player simply isn't good enough. Today it was Pereira.

Young banned for a game next week. Hopefully we can start Williams and we'll never have to watch Young again.

Martial
Phoenix Academy
FilledFilledEmptyEmptyEmpty
For post images

That was terrible. Bournemouth were poor - we really should have been winning that comfortably. Lindelof and Young were shocking, Pereira somehow was even worse. You look at the bench and there's just nothing to bring on to change the game. Pereira had to come off but we could only bring on Lingard who was just as bad. Greenwood is going to be class but we can't keep dragging him on at 75 minutes and asking him to change the game at 18. Squad depth lacking big time.

Martial
Phoenix Academy
FilledFilledEmptyEmptyEmpty
For post images

Spurs absolutely crushing Red Star Belgrade away from home, now watch us put in a dire performance and struggle past Partizan (10 points behind Red Star in the Serbian league) tomorrow morning. 

It's often watching the other English teams in the Champions League when it really hits me how much of a rut we are in right now. Spurs might be struggling in the league right now but their squad and style of play is miles superior to ours.

Post New Reply

Please Login or Create an account to post a reply.