Southern Football (incl Southern United)

sawu
Phoenix Academy
FilledFilledEmptyEmptyEmpty
For post 1409920686 1985 1986 rufer s

Is Willem Ebbinge playing for Queenstown the NZ U20 rep and former Weenix player?

EDIT: ok just googled and hadn't realised he grew up in the area

As cultured as Che Bunce's left foot and as profilic as John Lammers

For post 1659

Comet is saying Zane Green to Roslyn, what does that mean for Tom Stevens?

Gunners
Trialist
FilledEmptyEmptyEmptyEmpty
For post default

Comet is saying Zane Green to Roslyn, what does that mean for Tom Stevens?

Sore ears and potentially other things.

Tekkers
Phoenix Academy
FilledFilledEmptyEmptyEmpty
For post man united vs rochdale

Comet is saying Zane Green to Roslyn, what does that mean for Tom Stevens?

Given that it was Tom's technique that gave away the penalty at the weekend, I would say that he will learn a lot from Zane. When you dive at the ball with your knees first, you are not only risking a penalty but a leg injury too. Zane might also provide some might needed backbone to the Roslyn side. 

Gunners
Trialist
FilledEmptyEmptyEmptyEmpty
For post default

Tekkers wrote:

Comet is saying Zane Green to Roslyn, what does that mean for Tom Stevens?

Given that it was Tom's technique that gave away the penalty at the weekend, I would say that he will learn a lot from Zane. When you dive at the ball with your knees first, you are not only risking a penalty but a leg injury too. Zane might also provide some might needed backbone to the Roslyn side. 

Trolling, i hope. 

For post default

This weeks predictions?

Cavy vs Tech

Queenstown vs Northern

Roslyn vs GI

Mosgiel vs Wanaka

Gunners
Trialist
FilledEmptyEmptyEmptyEmpty
For post default

3-0

5-0

2-2

3-1

NordKurve
Trialist
FilledEmptyEmptyEmptyEmpty
For post default

Better picking last week...

GI to win 3-1 over Cavvie... maybe, hopefully a good game on a big pitch..

Wanaka to lose 2 - 3 Roslyn Wakari.. the horse to string two halves together..

Northern to lose 1 - 6 Mosgiel... got no idea on score, know the result..

Varsity to lose 1 - 3 Queenstown... scarfies maybe lacking matches..

For post 1659

Disgraceful from Luiz Uehara fielding a fletcher cup team (which is by far the worst in that league) against Mosgiel yesterday...

For post 1659

A notable absentee this year is Otago University AFC life member James Coombes, three strikes & you're out?

The JourneyFan
Starting XI
FilledFilledFilledEmptyEmpty
For post img 1193

Disgraceful from Luiz Uehara fielding a fletcher cup team (which is by far the worst in that league) against Mosgiel yesterday...

what's the Fletcher Cup?

is this why Mosgiel won 20-0?

http://thejourneyfan.blogspot.co.nz/

New Zealand Football Media Association Website of the year 2015 & 2016

Gunners
Trialist
FilledEmptyEmptyEmptyEmpty
For post default

.

Gunners
Trialist
FilledEmptyEmptyEmptyEmpty
For post default

Some big resluts in the weeknd.

Gunners
Trialist
FilledEmptyEmptyEmptyEmpty
For post default

Sunnyvale in the weekend. 

Tekkers
Phoenix Academy
FilledFilledEmptyEmptyEmpty
For post man united vs rochdale

Gunners wrote:

Tekkers wrote:

Comet is saying Zane Green to Roslyn, what does that mean for Tom Stevens?

Given that it was Tom's technique that gave away the penalty at the weekend, I would say that he will learn a lot from Zane. When you dive at the ball with your knees first, you are not only risking a penalty but a leg injury too. Zane might also provide some might needed backbone to the Roslyn side. 

Trolling, i hope. 

Who played at the weekend? Clearly wasn't a troll

Tekkers
Phoenix Academy
FilledFilledEmptyEmptyEmpty
For post man united vs rochdale

Disgraceful from Luiz Uehara fielding a fletcher cup team (which is by far the worst in that league) against Mosgiel yesterday...

what's the Fletcher Cup?

is this why Mosgiel won 20-0?

Fletcher Cup is second division. 

And Northern lost in this division at the weekend too, so clearly there are some systemic problems with the five years plan at that club.

chubbs
Phoenix Academy
FilledFilledEmptyEmptyEmpty
For post default

Pretty sad to see the state that Northern are in . If you look at their history in the Chatham Cup - 2 wins and 8 finals , admittedly the last one in the early 60's - they were obviously a great force at one stage. Clubs do go in cycles but they seem to have been on the decline for a number of years

NordKurve
Trialist
FilledEmptyEmptyEmptyEmpty
For post default

@Gunners... did the refs not support Cavvy this weekend... wondering who got the sin bin at Sunnyvale?

@footballsouth... would be great to see some of the expensive coaches help Northern. 

@mosgiel... not sure a 20-0 win on your FB is humble. Clearly Northern were not of a standard to be a competitive test.

sawu
Phoenix Academy
FilledFilledEmptyEmptyEmpty
For post 1409920686 1985 1986 rufer s

NordKurve wrote:

@mosgiel... not sure a 20-0 win on your FB is humble. Clearly Northern were not of a standard to be a competitive test.

HAH! You can't blame Mosgiel for basking in a big win, they can only play what's put out in front of them, I'm sure they still played some great footie to bang in 20 goals.

I do feel sorry for the Northern players who clearly aren't ready for Premier football and honestly probably never will be.

Even then I still can't understand how you can concede that many, SURELY when you're down a few you just shut up shop so you're not leaking a goal every couple of minutes.

If there's truth in swapping Prems and Fletcher's then serious questions have to be asked... But guessing it's too late to just dump them from Premier League. It's a shame because the rest of the league is more even than ever. Seems like the top 4 will be decided by who racks up the best goal difference in beating Northern

As cultured as Che Bunce's left foot and as profilic as John Lammers

For post 1659

Tekkers wrote:

Gunners wrote:

Tekkers wrote:

Comet is saying Zane Green to Roslyn, what does that mean for Tom Stevens?

Given that it was Tom's technique that gave away the penalty at the weekend, I would say that he will learn a lot from Zane. When you dive at the ball with your knees first, you are not only risking a penalty but a leg injury too. Zane might also provide some might needed backbone to the Roslyn side. 

Trolling, i hope. 

Who played at the weekend? Clearly wasn't a troll

Decision made easier with Tom injured

Post New Reply

Please Login or Create an account to post a reply.