Large kwblarge

Andy Martin - All you expect and less

bigdunc
WeeNix
FilledFilledEmptyEmptyEmpty
For post four kings
Pull your finger out NZF!!!!!
bigdunc
WeeNix
FilledFilledEmptyEmptyEmpty
For post four kings
Iv got to vent some frustration at NZF!
All this week we have been seeing on TV and radio sport articles on the poor ticket sales for the matches this weekend. Firstly, typically of the general media they take up the negative instead of concentrating on what they should be talking about, The fantasic All Whites and the top class opposition we are playing against. All that is being focused on is a few quotes from Nelson on the state of the crowds.
I have to ask, what has NZF done to promote the matches? The last 2 days in the dominion there has not been a single word in the Dom Post about the matches. If it were the Nix playing a home match, John Mitchell would be on the phone to every jurno getting his slice of the pie in the paper. Yes, there are ads on Radio sport and Sky Tv. But what about targeting the 50/50 fan? The fans that jumped on the World Cup bandwagon who may not know about these games or if they do ( and Im sure they are aware of the matches) NZF has to drive the idea down everyones throat, not just asume that tickets will sell by defult.
NZF you have to learn from 82. We had the whole country All Whites fans 3 months ago, dont take your foot off the throttle! This is the time and these are the matches that we have to use to keep the momentum going! It is pure arrogance to assume that because of the World Cup success that people will just turn up to these matches. You need to market just as much and just as hard as the Bharain game . NZF marketing manager and Media Liason, Pull your fingers out and do some work!!
Oceanic6
Starting XI
FilledFilledFilledEmptyEmpty
For post img 20161229 200650
^^^ + 1.  what the hell is Jamie Cross (oops) Scott doing?
 
 
 
Oceanic62010-10-07 14:14:00

HarryHotspur
Starting XI
FilledFilledFilledEmptyEmpty
For post default
Devil's advocate in me wonders whether the cost of promotion is commensuarte with the extra bodies pulled in.

Granted, this is a very short term perspective.
"Gattuso probably did more damage to himself. Nutting Jordan is like butting the Forth Road Bridge"

ScoobyD
WeeNix
FilledFilledEmptyEmptyEmpty
For post v
Indeed, I hear crickets. It's starting to piss me off.
Doloras
Opinion Privileges revoked
FilledFilledFilledFilledEmpty
For post gettyimages 1064883800 1024x1024
You negative, moaning whingers can never be satisfied, can you? Five months ago, it was: "If NZF don't get good quality opposition out here for home games, we're doomed". They did that.

As Michael Glading says today, part of the problem is that the "general public" don't get that a "friendly" is an important match, and it might take a few years to get that message across. If they were spending big big bux on TV ads etc for the games: (a) given the above, it might not make any difference; (b) people like Napier Phoenix would be screaming that their subs money was being spent without accountability or transparency.

Doloras2010-10-07 13:40:57

Ramming liberal dribble down your throat since 2009
This forum needs less angst and more Kate Bush threads

Buffon II
Legend
FilledFilledFilledFilledFilled
For post 41fb1ce000000578 4660746 image m 2 1499071218717
Doloras wrote:
You negative, moaning whingers can never be satisfied, can you? Five months ago, it was: "If NZF don't get good quality opposition out here for home games, we're doomed". They did that.


Would you really call Honduras B quality?

Three for me, and two for them.

Doloras
Opinion Privileges revoked
FilledFilledFilledFilledEmpty
For post gettyimages 1064883800 1024x1024
Buffon II wrote:

Would you really call Honduras B quality?


Better than any team in Oceania, or the minor East Asian nations, who would be who we'd usually rate.

Ramming liberal dribble down your throat since 2009
This forum needs less angst and more Kate Bush threads

Feverish
Legend
FilledFilledFilledFilledFilled
For post picture 6

yeah I agree with your rant BigDunc. Pretty poor build up to what is a great week for NZ footy.

Founder

brumbys
Marquee
FilledFilledFilledFilledEmpty
For post gettyimages 940649878
Feverish wrote:

yeah I agree with your rant BigDunc. Pretty poor build up to what is a great week for NZ footy.



This. Just quizzed my work mates who are males in their early twenties who love sport in general but had no clue that the games were on. Funnily enough the only recollection they had about it was something about poor numbers for crowd attendance.

Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose.

Doloras
Opinion Privileges revoked
FilledFilledFilledFilledEmpty
For post gettyimages 1064883800 1024x1024
Just quizzed my work mates who are males in their early twenties who love sport in general but had no clue that the games were on. Funnily enough the only recollection they had about it was something about poor numbers for crowd attendance.


They didn't know the games were on but knew that tickets weren't selling?

Ramming liberal dribble down your throat since 2009
This forum needs less angst and more Kate Bush threads

theprof
Marquee
FilledFilledFilledFilledEmpty
For post wenger trophies
Doloras wrote:
You negative, moaning whingers can never be satisfied, can you? Five months ago, it was: "If NZF don't get good quality opposition out here for home games, we're doomed". They did that.

As Michael Glading says today, part of the problem is that the "general public" don't get that a "friendly" is an important match, and it might take a few years to get that message across. If they were spending big big bux on TV ads etc for the games: (a) given the above, it might not make any difference; (b) people like Napier Phoenix would be screaming that their subs money was being spent without accountability or transparency.

 
general public don't understand what a football friendly is or how important it actually is - how does mr glading propse to change this if he can't/won't/doesn't let people know the game is on and important?

Queenslander 3x a year.

Footpaul
Starting XI
FilledFilledFilledEmptyEmpty
For post default
Perhaps all the people who don't think these games are serious will turn out en masse for our next World Cup qualifier against Fiji!
Wellington Phoenix - Burton Albion - Auckland City - All Whites
Manbeast
Phoenix Academy
FilledFilledEmptyEmptyEmpty
For post katy perry0125
Footpaul wrote:
Perhaps all the people who don't think these games are serious will turn out en masse for our next World Cup qualifier against Fiji!


Haha classic mate
Ard Righ
First Team Squad
FilledFilledFilledEmptyEmpty
For post legosoccer
ScoobyD wrote:
Indeed, I hear crickets. It's starting to piss me off.


+4,000,000
martinb
Marquee
FilledFilledFilledFilledEmpty
For post default
Feverish wrote:

yeah I agree with your rant BigDunc. Pretty poor build up to what is a great week for NZ footy.



+1

pacy

Cosimo
Marquee
FilledFilledFilledFilledEmpty
For post th owleatsrat
yeah, my penis has gotten more exposure
I like tautologies because I like them.
AngusBeef
Phoenix Academy
FilledFilledEmptyEmptyEmpty
For post default
Despair, angst and finger pointing have started!!
 
As an observer, may be we can have a pre-mortem of the 2 international friendlies.
 
After SA WC, supporters and fans were fixated and ready for more. There was a bit of me-racking-more-$$$ in NZF while Australia quietly organised decent intenational fiendly in Europe against a decent team or two. Then two friendliies were announced and after dilly-dallying, the Paraguay game went to Caketin and Honduras game went to Auckland much to the disappointemnt of many fans and supporters in Chch. 
 
At this point, Caption Ryan Nelsen started saying to the media that he might not be available, neither might Winston reid, and those other players would stay and play their stuff in Europe. Wintson Reid was released by A Grant to play but Winston Reid fidgeted big time thinking that he was a big star and this and that. Coach Ricki started saying teh two international friendlies would be thanking the fans and supporters in NZ and everyone in the enlarged squad would get game time.
 
Honduras announced that 7 of her SA World Cup team would not be coming. Then Santa Cruz would not come iether, and Riquelme was missing as well from Paraguay team.
 
Thsoe 50/50 soccer people would be turned off after hearing and reading all the above. Inttead of appealing to oval ball and cricket people to come to soccer, they were chided, ridiculed and treated with contempt. Just read the YF forun and you see the points.
 
Now, with 50 hours to go, someone has great hope that there will be a huge walk up crowd. 12k tickets for Auckland game and 11k tickets for Caketin game have been sold. Would the stadiums be full? Will the weather be scorching hot? Will the 50/50 general public part their $46-$55 per ticket to watch the friendlies?
 
Many of the 50/50 general public remian unconvinced and uninterested in these two international friendlies. For the Bahrain game, we drove for miles to support the NZ soccer team.
 
On 13 Oct, we can do a post mortem. Now, try to not abuse me, guys.
 
 
Cosimo
Marquee
FilledFilledFilledFilledEmpty
For post th owleatsrat
AngusBeef wrote:
Despair, angst and finger pointing have started!!
 
As an observer, may be we can have a pre-mortem of the 2 international friendlies.
 
After SA WC, supporters and fans were fixated and ready for more. There was a bit of me-racking-more-$$$ in NZF while Australia quietly organised decent intenational fiendly in Europe against a decent team or two. Then two friendliies were announced and after dilly-dallying, the Paraguay game went to Caketin and Honduras game went to Auckland much to the disappointemnt of many fans and supporters in Chch. 
 
At this point, Caption Ryan Nelsen started saying to the media that he might not be available, neither might Winston reid, and those other players would stay and play their stuff in Europe. Wintson Reid was released by A Grant to play but Winston Reid fidgeted big time thinking that he was a big star and this and that. Coach Ricki started saying teh two international friendlies would be thanking the fans and supporters in NZ and everyone in the enlarged squad would get game time.
 
Honduras announced that 7 of her SA World Cup team would not be coming. Then Santa Cruz would not come iether, and Riquelme was missing as well from Paraguay team.
 
Thsoe 50/50 soccer people would be turned off after hearing and reading all the above. Inttead of appealing to oval ball and cricket people to come to soccer, they were chided, ridiculed and treated with contempt. Just read the YF forun and you see the points.
 
Now, with 50 hours to go, someone has great hope that there will be a huge walk up crowd. 12k tickets for Auckland game and 11k tickets for Caketin game have been sold. Would the stadiums be full? Will the weather be scorching hot? Will the 50/50 general public part their $46-$55 per ticket to watch the friendlies?
 
Many of the 50/50 general public remian unconvinced and uninterested in these two international friendlies. For the Bahrain game, we drove for miles to support the NZ soccer team.
 
On 13 Oct, we can do a post mortem. Now, try to not abuse me, guys.
 
 
 
That's what she said.
I like tautologies because I like them.
el grapadura
Moderator
Woof Woof
FilledFilledFilledFilledFilled
For post picture 1609
Doloras wrote:


As Michael Glading says today, part of the problem is that the "general public" don't get that a "friendly" is an important match, and it might take a few years to get that message across.



Just call them tests. Problem solved.

Post New Reply

Please Login or Create an account to post a reply.